SLX 150 XT vs SLX 150 DC

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the 150 XT or 150 DC? I was considering getting the DC but I have been entertaining going with the XT. Is the XT basically the DC without the breaking system? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

2. Banned
    TheXT is a great reel. I was using mine today that I got with the SLX rod for $150 from American Legacy. I use a lot of different reels, both high end and cheaper models. The XT is a killer reel that can hold it's own for sure. Ooooh see no reason to buy a Curado over it.

3. Member
    I have the slx DC and really like it. I bough mine for throwing a jerkbait far and into the wind. The DC has been really smooth and not even came close to getting a backlash. No experience with the xt but do have a regular slx. If it was me I'd spend the extra money and get the DC

4. Member
    The XT is a little smaller. The DC frame is an 1/8" taller and the spool is almost an 1/8" wider and taller.

5. Member
    I've really liked my XT! Been using Revo STX exclusively for the last 12 years. Bought the XT on a whim. I will be working to replace all reels with XT!
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades