Reading hours from Yamaha SHO on Humminbird 1198c

Just put a 225 SHO on the boat. My console graph is a Humminbird 1198c. The cable from the motor to the graph gets me engine temp and tach but not the hours. It’s running through the humminbird as eth nmea 2k box. What are my best options to get the hours displayed on the Humminbird or using some other method? I have a flasher in the dash of the boat that is of no use (cut it off 10 years ago) so the space is there for some other kind of device, maybe Lowrance LMF-400 (seems to be discontinued?) or something else, dunno. I’d like to spend the least amount of money possible since all I really want to know is what the hours are.

Ask on the Yamaha forum.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    The NMEA data for hours is there, you just need to select it from the menu. It has been a while since I set it up on a 998. I think it is selecting the info block you want then press the more info button to select it.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    I figured out how to show engine hours. It's goes like this...

Turn the boat power on so the as ethernet box is powered

Turn the engine key over one click

Power on fish finder

Hit menu , go to views and make sure the nmea2k views are visible. Exit that menu

Hold down the view button until the menu shows up. Pick data. Pick nmea2k one engine view

Go to menu, setup, select readouts.

For each readout go to engine 1, then hit the check mark button (the physical button) and pick what you want to have it show. This includes engine hours. This is the most confusing step because you usually never use the check mark button on the keypad.

It will come out like this when done
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by swmbait View Post
    I figured out how to show engine hours. It's goes like this...

Turn the boat power on so the as ethernet box is powered

Turn the engine key over one click

Power on fish finder

Hit menu , go to views and make sure the nmea2k views are visible. Exit that menu

Hold down the view button until the menu shows up. Pick data. Pick nmea2k one engine view

Go to menu, setup, select readouts.

For each readout go to engine 1, then hit the check mark button (the physical button) and pick what you want to have it show. This includes engine hours. This is the most confusing step because you usually never use the check mark button on the keypad.

It will come out like this when done
    The check mark button is called the INFO key, page 14 in the manual. It does several functions.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL