HYDRAULIC STEERING INSTALL

I have a vf115la (SHO) yamaha and plan on upgrading to a vf150la it is going to be on a 2017 h20b.
    I plan on installing the hydraulic steering checking to see if others has done this up grade and installed the hydraulic kit, local service wants 4 hours to install the hydraulic kit does not look like it should take that long
    I will be installing the SEASTAR HK 6400A-3 also does anyone know the length of hoses needed....
    thanks
    Mac

2. Member
    I can’t help you with any installation advice but I can tell you that you will love the results. My last 4 boats have had hydraulic steering including a 90 hp X17 and I’m sold! They were dealer or factory installed.
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

3. Member
    I had Bay Star installed on my X17/115 Yamaha earlier this year and love it. I had a quote from a local marine dealer of 1100 but went to a local guy that was a certified Merc mechanic running a garage and working on boats on the side. Took about 2 weeks total but he did the job for 750.

4. Member
    OK I sent boat to shop and got a 150 SHO installed with hydrolic steering installed going to pick up provably tuesday....