Ultrex pedal issue

I had the frozen pedal issue last time out. I had power assist to steer right, but not steer left. I could actually turn the motor to steer left with the pedal, but there was no power assist, and it was like the tension was set to max. Everything that I've been reading seems as it wouldn't budge at all. Spot lock and remote worked perfectly.

Over the next hour of fishing, it got easier to steer left. I tried power cycles from the switch and breaker with no luck. I stowed and deployed motor several times and no luck.

When the air temp warmed up from 29 to about 40, it all of a sudden started working flawlessly. I had made several runs on the lake before it started working and once it started working, it didn't fail for the rest if the day.

I do not know when it was purchased, since I bought the boat used, but I believe it is only about a year old.

Does this match the symptoms for the pedal sensor? I have found the new ones online for a good price.

2. Member
    After some digging, I have the rev 7 board with a S205 serial number for the ultrex, so I should have the latest and greatest. I checked the 2 wire plug in the head and it had a good contact and the locking tab was in place.

I've had it out numerous times in hot to mild weather, but the one time in freezing temps, it acted up til it warmed a little bit.

Can anyone confirm that you could still move the pedal, just very tight and without power assist? Or would it not move at all? The remote and all other functions did properly work while the pedal wouldn't work steering to the left.

Thanks

3. Member
    How often do you see 29 degrees? Plastic or composite materials contract quite a bit when it gets below freezing. I would think someone up north has seen something similar to your situation. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    This is one of the symptoms of the sensor board. Your Troll motor was built in July/August 2018. they came out a a second revision to the sensor board about 2-3 months ago. Bring it in to the ASC and have it changed. I am pretty sure it is the sensor board.