David Mullins potentially to Phoenix

Its looking like Mullins will be moving to Phoenix. I think it will be a known thing by tomorrow. Interesting that some die hard Triton fans are transitioning to other boats.

2. Member
    Not looking good for triton

3. Member
    Looks like Johnny Morris is killing off another great boat brand. Damn shame if it turns out to be the case. Astro, Procraft, Stratos, Champion, Legend maybe Triton. Wonder who will be next. Glad to see some new bass boat companies coming out like Falcon, Caymas and Ballistic.
    Brad Krone

4. Member
    He said he is officially gonna be in a 721 next year. He said he felt better being with a company that felt like a family again.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    Looks like Johnny Morris is killing off another great boat brand. Damn shame if it turns out to be the case. Astro, Procraft, Stratos, Champion, Legend maybe Triton. Wonder who will be next. Glad to see some new bass boat companies coming out like Falcon, Caymas and Ballistic.
    Nitro is his profit boat

6. Tico
    Good for David landing in a good boat.
    Triton is cutting way back on pro staffer boats so there will be more changing boats

7. Member
    I think it’d be crazy if they do away with Triton. They sell a pile of them and didn’t they revamp the Legend plant to keep up with the demand of the Triton line?

8. Member
    to other boat builders it is wishful thinking to close triton the only reason boat builders shut down is lack of retail sales . jm purchased a business for the building an shut it down for the facility to build his boats that there was a real demand for.

9. Member
    Triton seems too popular to be shut down. I believe the only other brands that have higher sales are Ranger and Nitro. I doubt they’re shutting down, although stranger things have happened.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

10. Member
    “Only better selling brands are Ranger and Nitro”. All owned by JM. Triton made sense for him to compete against Ranger. Now that he owns Ranger it makes less sense. I see them phasing it out and trying to convert those customers to Rangers. The stronger of the two brands.
    2011 721
    2021 250 Mercury 4S, Fury 24

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    Triton seems too popular to be shut down. I believe the only other brands that have higher sales are Ranger and Nitro. I doubt they’re shutting down, although stranger things have happened.
    That's what I thought too. They are still a very popular boat. But it at least looks like they are headed the wrong way

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMork View Post
    “Only better selling brands are Ranger and Nitro”. All owned by JM. Triton made sense for him to compete against Ranger. Now that he owns Ranger it makes less sense. I see them phasing it out and trying to convert those customers to Rangers. The stronger of the two brands.
    Didn’t JM buy Ranger before or at the same time as Triton?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Didn’t JM buy Ranger before or at the same time as Triton?
    Ranger owned Triton.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    Good for David landing in a good boat.
    Triton is cutting way back on pro staffer boats so there will be more changing boats

That is true. Got a buddy who was told as a pro staffer he would not be able to order the new Triton this year.

15. Member
    Was told at dealer the other day that 2022 is last year for Triton. Could be rumor could be accurate

16. Member
    I hope not. I'm a phoenix guy, but triton makes a good boat and it would be a shame to see them go. Hopefully it is just rumor, they seem to be pretty massive as far as the amount you see around still.