Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    's sent to all involved. Keep us posted over time as I need basically the same and I'm SCARED

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatseller View Post
    's sent to all involved. Keep us posted over time as I need basically the same and I'm SCARED
    Same here. I have a couple pinched nerves in exact same location as the OP. My surgeon says if the pain management doesn't manage it then I will need this surgery. Not looking forward to it any time soon. the pain meds seem to be working but I have to be very careful not to make this a routine med. I hope your procedure goes well and keep us updated on the rehab.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Prayers for you and your doctors!

4. Member
    I had the same ones fused back in 2009, once you heal up, no more pain! Worth it, hang in there!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatseller View Post
    +1.

6. Member

Good Luck

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I hope you heal up and the pain is gone. Any pain management involving opiates will become a daily thing if your back is that bad. Getting off those things really sucks after a couple years.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Im still alive But holy shixt im in a lot of pain. Doc said the instabily at L4-L5 was so bad he could basically move the L5 vertebrae all over the place. Surgery went well and now I have to spend 3-5 days here at the hospital. My wife has a been a gem through all these years of misery and im hoping I can make it up to her going forward. Appreciate all the prayers BBC friends
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Im still alive But holy shixt im in a lot of pain. Doc said the instabily at L4-L5 was so bad he could basically move the L5 vertebrae all over the place. Surgery went well and now I have to spend 3-5 days here at the hospital. My wife has a been a gem through all these years of misery and im hoping I can make it up to her going forward. Appreciate all the prayers BBC friends
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

12. Member
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

13. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Glad it went well... Hope you have a great recoup and are back on the links (playing, instead of just working) soon.
    Who controls John Gill?

14. Member
    I am praying for a good outcome for your surgery. I had a L4/L5 fusion last November (1 year ago). THE WORST DECISION of my life to have it done. I really pray you come out better.

15. Member
    Glad it went well, now for a long healing process. Dont rush it and do what your told by the doc. Will be praying for you to heal up better than new

16. Member
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

17. Member
    I was waiting on you to wake up. You will never regret it, surgical pain will go away. Pain takes a toll on anybody.

18. Member
    Prayers sent.
    Praying for a Cure

Thanks everyone. Hospital is very picky about the schedule of the pain meds and they are definitely not lasting long enough. Had a physical therapy session this afternoon and the pain was so bad I had the barf bucket ready to go. Made me so nauseous. I cant imagine how this would be with no pain management. The meds take the edge off but dont eliminate the pain. Couple days of this and hopefully the surgery pain will start to get better
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

I had my L5-S1 fused by ALIF last year. So glad I went thru it. Very pleased with the results but the first two months of recovery was brutal. I will do it again tho if I blow another disc out. Good luck and do what the doc says.
    1995 Javelin 400TE w/ 2015 Honda 225
    2001 War Eagle 648 w/ 2001 Honda 50 jet

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast