Hole shot improvement needed

I have a 2000 Intimidator DC w/ a Merc. 225 EFI, 10" hydraulic plate, and Brucato SVS. Currently im running a 25P Trophy with 1 solid pvs plug, and the other 3 wide open. Im in AZ running between 1250 and 2100 ft altitude at most lakes. My top end is 81mph in winter months and 79 in hotter months with a light test load, but the big problem is holeshot. There are 2 scenarios that occur:
    1. Either the engine will not spool up until the passenger gets up and walks up and gets on the bow bringing the front end down, raising the stern, then I can get out of the hole, or...
    2. Itll spool up fine and instead of grabbing, itll blow out and over rev, probably getting too much air.

Sometimes if I can feather it correctly, I can get it out of the hole without any problems but it takes some patience. I have tried a 3 blade Tempest plus 25P, and couldnt turn a 27 Fury 3 blade, or 27 TR04.
    I have heard that gambler hulls like Bravo 1 XS props. Im not so much worried about top end as I am hole-shot. Once I get up, I love how the 4 blade Trophy handles, but ive been running it for 5 years now and I feel like itll eventually sling a blade from what I hear. My next attempt will be either have Mark rework my Tempest 25, and my Trophy plus 25, or purchase a Bravo 1 or a 25P Fury 4blade. If anyone has any pointers, please send em my way.

Thanks in advance!!

I think a 26 bravo xs would be a good one to try. It won't run any stiffer than your 25 trophy and should help with hole shot. Will have to play around with pvs plugs to get the venting right.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

3. Member
    Before I went punkin' money down on a new prop... The Trophy, and it's small barrel hub, can tend to over ventilate at times and bog at others. It can have an inconsistent hole shot for sure. The cure for that inconsistency at adding a anti-cavitation ring. Some folks call it a blow out ring. Once installed on the hub it pretty much eliminates over-the-hub exhaust from ventilating the prop. Then... dial the hole shot in with the PVS plugs. With this set up the hole shot is waaaaayyy more consistent. The anti-cavitation ring is ~12 bucks.

Now... that said if you try the anti-cavitation ring and it still doesn't provide the hole shot you're looking for. The 4 blade Fury would be a good choice. I run a 26p on a 225 Pro XS. You might be able to turn a 25p with the motor mods you have. No doubt you could turn a 24p.

Last weekend I slung a blade on the Fury 4. I had been running 75 mph WOT. I bolted on a 26p Trophy and ran.... 75 mph. The Trophy had the anti-cavitation ring installed and was configured with 4 small pvs plugs. Spooled up to 3000-3200 rpms hooked up and was gone.

I run the 26p Fury 4 with no PVS plugs.

Also as White Gambler suggest.... the 26p Bravo would also be a good choice.

4. Member
    I think a 26 Bravo would be a good choice. Try the tempest 26 also, but it will need working.

Has anyone tried Mark Croxton's signature props, the Razor for Gambler hulls? His Razor 4 seems to be getting similar performance to a Fury 4 on some of the reviews ive seen.

26 Bravo, dual PVS holes, worked by Mark Croxton.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."