CPT200, CPT100DVS Transducer Locations

IMG_0787.jpgI have just purchased 2 used A98 MFDs, CP200 , 2 CPT-100DVSs and a CPT200. I have a Cobra 201D bassboat with an 8" Slidemaster manual jackplate. I know many guys run the side scan transducers off the jack plate with the TSS shield but I don't think there is anything available for the CPT200. I want to make my own custom bracket but am not sure where to position the CPT200. The front CPT100DVS is on the trolling motor with a TSS shield. My transom is stepped and doesn't have alot of spots for optimal mounting. I was thinking of using a Sternsaver for the CPT100DVS and mounting it as a skimmer. Lots of wood in the Sacramento Delta where I fish. So my questions are:

1) Since I am making a custom bracket for CPT200, I can put it anywhere on the jackplate- left side, right side or centered. Where should it go and how high off the surface of the water when planing is optimal?

2)Where should the CPT100 be in relation to the CPT200? Opposite sides?

3) Should I be looking at any shoot thru the hull options to optimize what i have?

I never had a sidescanning sonar so looking for suggestions. Thanks
    Last edited by mac18; 11-22-2019 at 01:03 AM. Reason: add photo

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The 100-200 are down vision and side vision basically, I had one on one side of the JP and one on the other, for depth when running I have a puck in the hull.

3. Member
    So to be clear you recommend 4 transducers for 2 MFDs? 2 on the jackplate, one shooting thru the hull and one on the trolling motor?

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    If you would like Side Vision, Down Vision, depth while running, and depth under the front of the boat?? YES!!

While scanning, you use the two on the JP, on pad they will be out of the water and won’t read. The TM won’t read either unless it’s in the water!

I just mounted my 3 n 1 on the step ! Works great !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    HunterTN reminded me that the P79 won’t work with a a98, the number ending in “8” means down imaging, a unit ending in “7” is sonar. Not sure if you want to add a third unit like a a97 that you can run a P79 thru for the in hull transducer.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    HunterTN reminded me that the P79 won’t work with a a98, the number ending in “8” means down imaging, a unit ending in “7” is sonar. Not sure if you want to add a third unit like a a97 that you can run a P79 thru for the in hull transducer.
    Thanks for the heads up! I would never have guessed. Maybe at this point I will have to mount the back cpt100dvs transducer as a skimmer off the transom instead of on the jackplate. I appreciate all the responses, it certainly helps.

8. Member
    I put my CPT100 on the starboard transom and my CPT200 in the center of the step recess. I would have put the CPT200 on a jack plate but I did not have one at the time. They worked well in those locations. Part of the location decision for the CPT100 was based on already having holes in the transom from an old transducer. Kinda like you do on the port side of yours.

9. Member
    I mounted my cpt100 and cpt200 side by side to the right of the engine on my cobra. Just mount the cpt200 a little lower than the 100 so the view is not blocked.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBassCtchr101 View Post
    I mounted my cpt100 and cpt200 side by side to the right of the engine on my cobra. Just mount the cpt200 a little lower than the 100 so the view is not blocked.
    Good to know that works too. I will mount a Stern Saver there as soon as we get a warm enough day.