Leaking fuel on hose/bulb

2017 Mercury Pro XS
    SERIAL: 2B361294
    200 Hours on Motor

Hey guys,

I have been having issues at times keeping the motor running while starting. I have to give it gas in order to keep the motor running. Now it doesn't happen every single time. This happens more so after I am sitting for 15-20 min fishing a spot. If I am moving from spot to spot quicker, it pretty much fires right up and stays running. I tried pumping the bulb today and it was relatively soft (had to squeeze it 2-3 times to get it hard). This seemed to help.

I pumped it one more time at the end of the day and noticed fuel all over under side of the bulb. Seems like the fuel leak is coming from the clamp above the bulb. I am getting this looked at ASAP to replace the hose and bulb.

I would think that this would be the cause of my faulty starting and having to give it gas to keep it started. I just wanted some insight on this and see if Don or someone can confirm this is what my issue is.

I have been experiencing this issue, (but did not notice any type of leak from bulb at the time) I then brought it to my Merc tech; he did not notice any leak in the bulb (nor did I at the time) However, he did remove and replace the Diaphragm Assy (Product #804533)

Clearly I am still having the same issue after he replaced and installed this part.--Just trying to confirm if my leaking bulb would cause this issue or should I be looking into something else causing this.

Thanks for the time and help,
    Chris

If it is leaking fuel out, you can be assured it is pulling air in when running, The VST and pulse pump will be starved for fuel with any leaks. Take care of this problem first
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    ^^^^

For future reference your 2.5L 150ProXS is covered in the forum just below this one .
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax