2004 198 console removal

Has anyone ever removed the console in a 2004 198? I have a dual console but would love to remove the passenger console. Not exactly sure how to do it or if it’s even possible. Anyone tried it?

2. Banned
    Depends on which 04 you have, curved consoles (late 04 model) and it’ll come out with a little bit of damage. If you have an early 04 straight across consoles, they are built into the side rail and aren’t coming out.

3. Banned
    I just took off the "bolted on" console from this 183 I have. Came off pretty easy with no issues other than 3 small hidden wood screws in the corner. I have some pics if you need them.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    I just took off the "bolted on" console from this 183 I have. Came off pretty easy with no issues other than 3 small hidden wood screws in the corner. I have some pics if you need them.

What year? The 198 changed styles from 04-05, your boat might be completely different.

I know we just had this conversation a few weeks back, the thread shouldn’t be very deep into this section.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    What year? The 198 changed styles from 04-05, your boat might be completely different.

I know we just had this conversation a few weeks back, the thread shouldn’t be very deep into this section.

Ya Mine is an 07, That's why I made the reference "Bolted on" not formed/molded as part of the top cap as on older models . OP should find it pretty easy to tell the difference by just looking at it.. It's either bolted on or it isn't.

6. Member
    I haven't really looked at it much yet. Plan to look at it more this weekend but I didn't think it was molded into the side of the boat. It is not the curved consoles though. I was just curious if any one had done this before. I'll look back for the last thread about it. Sorry to have duplicated a post.

7. Banned
    From the other thread. Look at the pics, if you have the straight console version, doubt you’re getting it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    But that's a factory single console. What I meant above, if it's a dual console and the console is molded into the top cap like the first pic vs a modular console like the second pic.

Molded console

Attachment 379512

Modular Console

Attachment 379513

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    If console was factory installed, it will come out but it won't be easy.
    Last edited by Lea; 11-22-2019 at 12:29 PM.