OPTIMAX ECU SWAP

I have a 90 Optimax is it possible to swap a 115 OptiMax ecu with in place of the 90hp ecu?
    thanks

2. Member
    I gave it a try and at 3900 rpm it goes into guardian mode and goes no further so far the answer is no

3. Member
    will it start yes ,will it run correctly no, there are other thing on a 115 that make it stronger than a 90
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    I agree with what you say but what is different

5. Member
    Block porting is probably one thing.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Block, throttle body (and depending on serial number there may be other differences). Also note that it is illegal to do so (and there are potentially significant criminal and civil penalties, some of which are referenced in Service Bulletin 2019-08).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    yeah i though the throttle body was for sure didnt think there was much different with the block and just about anything you do is illegal when looking for hp

but thanks for sharing your knowledge