Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    Ran the worked 22 Tempest Plus today. Holeshot is awesome, it spins up, bites and goes. Also overall better lift and top end also great.
    Attachment 385559
    Wow thats perfect! Just right on rpms and great speed. Sounds like you found the right setup. If the dealer has a 24p on it when i pick it up wednesday ill ask for a 22p tempest for it and have it worked. You just added cup to it correct?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member
    Just send it to Todd at Hydromotive and tell him you want the same thing he did on my prop. He will probably want you to run it first to get some numbers. As far as I know he only added cup to the tip of the blades.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

3. Member
    Rich18xs you can't run a Fury 3 that high PTP for long without cracking or throwing a blade. Try dropping it down to 3" under and run it to see what it does. These guys are running Tempests at that PTP not a fury 3 and they break just like that trophy prop did on my boat but worse as they throw the whole blade. You need more seat time to learn how to control the chine walk with small left hand pressure before the boat breaks right.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Wow thats perfect! Just right on rpms and great speed. Sounds like you found the right setup. If the dealer has a 24p on it when i pick it up wednesday ill ask for a 22p tempest for it and have it worked. You just added cup to it correct?
    Roy you might call your dealer upfront and let him know you want that 22p in case he doesn’t have one in stock. I know when I switched to the 23 they had to order it. If I was starting over knowing what I know right now I definitely would’ve got the 22p as well.

5. Member
    Itsahog you could have your 23 worked a bit to get more rpm out of it. In summer I could get 5800-5900 out of my 23. I haven’t ran it yet since it got cold. I need to run it and see what it will do now.

I still think the 23 is a solid choice for winter and the 22 for summer.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Roy you might call your dealer upfront and let him know you want that 22p in case he doesn’t have one in stock. I know when I switched to the 23 they had to order it. If I was starting over knowing what I know right now I definitely would’ve got the 22p as well.
    Mark i hear that and that would be ideal but my dealer experience with communication has been ok at best i cant even get a reply to my email asking which prop is on the boat and other things have been a hassle to say the least. If the manager isnt in nobody else seems to be able to answer any questions so just getting the boat is gonna be the priority im not counting on them to cooperate much with the prop. I asked them about the prop when we ordered and he just said whatever they rig it with is your best option but that doesnt seem to be the case what im reading here. Ill likely have to get another prop on my own.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Mark i hear that and that would be ideal but my dealer experience with communication has been ok at best i cant even get a reply to my email asking which prop is on the boat and other things have been a hassle to say the least. If the manager isnt in nobody else seems to be able to answer any questions so just getting the boat is gonna be the priority im not counting on them to cooperate much with the prop. I asked them about the prop when we ordered and he just said whatever they rig it with is your best option but that doesnt seem to be the case what im reading here. Ill likely have to get another prop on my own.
    well that sucks. I will tell you this, after you buy your boat you’ll get a survey from Triton, and I know my dealership was quite concerned about it. not because they did anything wrong, but they made it clear they wanted to do everything they could to be sure I was satisfied before I completed that survey. I have to say that I was very happy with my dealer, I just wish they were not so far away. I chose them because of my past experience with my local dealer. They should change the prop out for you at no charge because it literally makes no difference to them, and like Dave told me earlier, they put that 24 fury based on the two-stroke engines that used to go on these boats. anyway good luck at don’t give up, you’ll save yourself $500 - $600 getting the right prop the first time. It might do you some good to mention that survey, but then it may not.

well that sucks. I will tell you this, after you buy your boat you’ll get a survey from Triton, and I know my dealership was quite concerned about it. not because they did anything wrong, but they made it clear they wanted to do everything they could to be sure I was satisfied before I completed that survey. I have to say that I was very happy with my dealer, I just wish they were not so far away. I chose them because of my past experience with my local dealer. They should change the prop out for you at no charge because it literally makes no difference to them, and like Dave told me earlier, they put that 24 fury based on the two-stroke engines that used to go on these boats. anyway good luck at don’t give up, you’ll save yourself $500 - $600 getting the right prop the first time. It might do you some good to mention that survey, but then it may not.
    Picked up the boat today and i was very pleased with how everything was rigged and how clean and detailed the boat was. They took care of everything but when i asked about the prop they just said run this one first and they said if i wanted something different they would sell me another and i asked why cant i just exchange this one now and he said for trade in and i wouldnt get full value for the prop thats on it so i just left it be ill deal with it on my own. It came with a 24p fury on it. I have an atlas hydro jp so maybe i can dial it in easier we will see
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Picked up the boat today and i was very pleased with how everything was rigged and how clean and detailed the boat was. They took care of everything but when i asked about the prop they just said run this one first and they said if i wanted something different they would sell me another and i asked why cant i just exchange this one now and he said for trade in and i wouldnt get full value for the prop thats on it so i just left it be ill deal with it on my own. It came with a 24p fury on it. I have an atlas hydro jp so maybe i can dial it in easier we will see
    That's pretty crappy from a dealer in my experience. They should be able to swap props with you if need be. No questions asked......

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

10. Member
    I will be surprised if you get more than 5600 RPM out of the 24 Fury. Also you will be tempted to keep running it higher to get more RPM but Fury’s usually don’t run well above 3.5-3” on these hulls. There may be a few that are but will be in the minority and Fury’s ran higher tend to see more cracked blades.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

11. Member
    Roy I know it’s easier said than done, but I agree with the above poster, I’ve never in my life heard of a dealer that would not let you pick your own prop. I think I would make a call to Triton if I had to. I had that Fury on my boat and it’s not going to perform like you want it to. There’s no reason you should have to spend $500 to $600 on a prop when you buy a new boat. Hell, my dealer UPS me a different prop to try 3 weeks after I bought my boat, this is the first time in my life I heard Dealer would not let you pick your own prop. When you lay out that kind of cash, this should not even be an issue. Not trying to raise a stink but it even makes my blood boil. Anyway congratulations on the boat, I seen the picture and it looks great!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    I will be surprised if you get more than 5600 RPM out of the 24 Fury. Also you will be tempted to keep running it higher to get more RPM but Fury’s usually don’t run well above 3.5-3” on these hulls. There may be a few that are but will be in the minority and Fury’s ran higher tend to see more cracked blades.
    Im just gonna break the motor in and see what it does. If i can tell right away its a no go (which im positive its not) then ill likely just do what you did Dave and get a 22p and have it cupped and sell this prop.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Roy I know it’s easier said than done, but I agree with the above poster, I’ve never in my life heard of a dealer that would not let you pick your own prop. I think I would make a call to Triton if I had to. I had that Fury on my boat and it’s not going to perform like you want it to. There’s no reason you should have to spend $500 to $600 on a prop when you buy a new boat. Hell, my dealer UPS me a different prop to try 3 weeks after I bought my boat, this is the first time in my life I heard Dealer would not let you pick your own prop. When you lay out that kind of cash, this should not even be an issue. Not trying to raise a stink but it even makes my blood boil. Anyway congratulations on the boat, I seen the picture and it looks great!!
    I hear ya. I was kindof caught off gaurd by it honestly but i didnt have my hopes up too much either. You could just tell they were trying to defer from the subject. We were fighting the weather too so i didnt sit there and argue too much. They the only dealer near me so not gonna push too hard on the off chance that i need them for warranty. Just a learning experience i guess. Still frustrating tho.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Definitely get ahold of Triton and let them know what's going on here!! We pay alot of money for these things and you should be able to get the exact prop you want no matter what. I've got the Fury 3 24 pitch on my 2015 18 TRX and it's a sled and won't get any lift whatsoever. Going to try a 24 Tempest and see what happens.

15. Member
    Triton18trx your boat has a two stroke on it doesn't it? Roy call Triton and complain that bull shit about trade in is just that bull shit and if they are going to do that to you when you are just buying the boat what do you think will happen when you try to take in in for service or warranty work. That's an unused prop so it's brand new.

Yes my boat has a 2 stroke pro XS 200.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12