Question Who uses Humminbird and Lowrance together

I currently run 1 Helix Gen2 unit at the console, 1 Helix Gen2 unit on the bow with 360 and 1 Lowrance unit on the bow for 2D.

I am toying with the idea of adding another Lowrance unit at the console to network with my bow Lowrance. I have had so many issues with my bow Helix that I am getting very frustrated with it and am looking for another option. The bow helix is useless for 2D and almost never recognizes my Lakemaster Mapping card. Many of you know what I am talking about with the double readouts and inability to vertically fish over a hard bottom at 10-15ft. I love the 2D on the Lowrance which is why I am thinking of adding another on the console and then will keep the console Helix just for Mega SI/mapping.

The only thing really stopping me from going totally Lowrance is my bow 360 and Mega SI. Both of those tools are fantastic and I would hate to lose them. I guess the only downfall is that I would have to mark waypoints on both units while scanning at the bow if i want those waypoints to be visible on the 360?

Does anyone else currently use this set up and if so, how do you like it?

2. Bob G's pool boy
    I did it for exactly the same reasons you list. It wasn’t that bad at all. Depending on the type of fishing you are doing, you will find yourself not using both types at the same time a lot.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

I have a lowrance on the bow with DI and a Bird on the console with SI. Going to do an upgrade hopefully soon with the mega 360 and go full bird.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I have Lowrances at the console and bow and an HB at the bow on my glass boat. I use the HB for iPilot Link, 360, DI and LM/AutoChart Live mapping and the bow Lowrance for 2D and Navionics mapping. I mark waypoints on both units if I feel the need to. You'll have to run the 2Ds at the bow on different frequencies to avoid crosstalk.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

a ton of people. a ton use humminbird and garmin together as well.

6. Member
    I have both, with 360 at bow. Do the Humminbird update and you may eliminate the double reading hard bottom issue. I have Gen 3 birds and the 2D on the Gen 3 is more comparable to lowrance.

7. Member
    Lawrence for DI, SI & 2D, Humminbird for mapping only.

8. Member
    I run both. Mapping is better on the Humminbird plus it is linked to my Ultrex. I prefer the 2-D and DI sonar on the Lowrance units.

9. Member
    I run a Lowrance HDS9 Gen 3 with a TotalScan ducer next to a Helix 10 SI Chirp Mega+ G3N.

10. Member
    I have a HB999 on the bow, along with a Lowrance 312 and a HB 360. When the 360 is on, I view it on the 999, full screen and then have the 312 for bottom reading

11. Member
    I have a lowrance I use for mapping and depth while running” shoot thru hull transducer ” and a bird side scan at the helm. Run a bird on the bow, down scan. I like both units. I think having a 2D fish finder and a side scan running at the same time allows me to cover water and really get a good look at what’s down there. There not big units. 5” on helm and 7” on bow.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm up to date and that particular issue has never seemed to be resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyToon View Post
    I have both, with 360 at bow. Do the Humminbird update and you may eliminate the double reading hard bottom issue. I have Gen 3 birds and the 2D on the Gen 3 is more comparable to lowrance.

The only time i think I would use them simultaneously is at the bow when I'm running 360 and Lowrance 2D.
    Quote Originally Posted by billspence View Post
    I did it for exactly the same reasons you list. It wasn’t that bad at all. Depending on the type of fishing you are doing, you will find yourself not using both types at the same time a lot.

14. Member
    IMO, you'd be best going all lowrance and just keep your bird 10 up front for 360

The only issue I have with that is I wont be able to share waypoints that I might park on my SI, on top of giving up Mega SI...
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    IMO, you'd be best going all lowrance and just keep your bird 10 up front for 360

16. Member
    I as well run both with 360 up front on a mega 10 and a lowrance 12 for 2d. Also a mega nine and lowrance 9 at console. Only thing I hate which was stated above is that I wish everything was tied together so I'm not doubling up on waypoints between units. Honestly I may go all hummingbird this year and be done with it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    The only issue I have with that is I wont be able to share waypoints that I might park on my SI, on top of giving up Mega SI...
    I understand, but if you have your lowrance console unit linked to your lowrance bow unit, you'll have the waypoints up there on the bow, just not on the 360. For me, i only use 360 to make specific casts, i motor around to image everything first.

That's a good point. It's more so if I mark a rock pile for example on my SI, I can see it in the 360 and fish that target.
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    I understand, but if you have your lowrance console unit linked to your lowrance bow unit, you'll have the waypoints up there on the bow, just not on the 360. For me, i only use 360 to make specific casts, i motor around to image everything first.

I agree the idea of having 2D and SI running at the same time. The console unit is a 9 so it hasnt been practical to run both at this time. I think adding in the Lowrance will really help with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolarrow2 View Post
    I have a lowrance I use for mapping and depth while running” shoot thru hull transducer ” and a bird side scan at the helm. Run a bird on the bow, down scan. I like both units. I think having a 2D fish finder and a side scan running at the same time allows me to cover water and really get a good look at what’s down there. There not big units. 5” on helm and 7” on bow.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    That's a good point. It's more so if I mark a rock pile for example on my SI, I can see it in the 360 and fish that target.
    Correct, waypoints aren't nearly as important IMO on 360 because it's strictly a visual thing. And even so, when I save a waypoint on my bow lowrance unit when I'm casting to a rock pile, I want that waypoint where the boat is, not the rock pile. I also use different color waypoints on my bow unit. This tells me if it's a waypoint from the console unit or bow unit. Console unit is more "spots" and bow unit more exact boat positions when I caught the fish.