Banned

Falls Lake Help...

Hello all,

Making a trip to Falls next week for Thanksgiving. Could anyone comment on water temp? Not looking for waypoints or anything but what are the fish doing? Deep? Shallow?

Any tips would be great.

2. Banned

3. Member
    I was up there on Veterans Day and the water temps were 61-62. Caught some fish in 10-12 feet of water on a carolina rig. Lost a toad at the boat on a crankbait. My partner caught 2 nice fish on a crankbait. Hope this helps.

Jordan and Kerr were low to mid 50s last weekend. Falls is probably about the same.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

5. Member
    Jordan was 52* this am, warming to 53* by noon.
    3 boats with camera crews were on the water...saw them catch a small bass in Robeson creek.
    only fish I saw

6. Banned
    Saw 1 boat with a cameraman at Barton Creek creek taking out about 4:30-5:00. We passed each other fishing under the bride there at the ramp. Did not reconize him from any i have seen on tv. He had the TM strolling just about wide open. Shaking his head like it had been tough i assume. I got to the ramp just before 9:30am and there were 15 or so boat trailers in the lot. Talked to one guy after taking out and he got there about 3 pm and said he caught 1 about 3 pounds. Saw temps from Barton to the dam range from 56 to 52. Level had changed a tad since last week. I had 6 bites all on TW except one on jerk bait and one on c-rig of which both were dinks. The other 4 were good keepers. Saw several boats sitting way out on points coming back from the dam area.

7. Member
    James Watson

I think Dustin was out there today doing his show....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Banned
    I think it was Dustin come to think of it. I have spoken to on on 2 other occasions on the water in the past. Thought i remember seeing him with a boat with a 300 on it a few years back but my memory is fading. It was a silver metal flake color. Not sure what brand but if i had to guess it was a Ranger but not sure.

He said a while back he would be in a Caymas...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Banned
    Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.

12. Member
    I fished falls friday and saturday. tough bite right now. Only caught 3 total. 2 on crankbaits, 1 on jig. Seems they are moving back out to the ledges from a couple of weeks ago... good luck.