Zero Lines Card Help

Can someone explain the Zero Lines card for me in 3rd grade language? I've read what I can find on it, but I'm still not understanding the benefit of it. Why would I want to get a zero lines card?

Thanks,

Robert

2. Member
    #1 the unit only has 8hours of memory you will want to put a zero line card in it gives you alot more (time) memory. Side note standard sd card won’t work for autochart live info.

#2 It gives you the shoreline reference. The outline for most but not all lakes you will fish. There are a few lakes I fish that have no shore line reference.

I believe that’s about it unless someone else knows more:-)

Units with Autochart Live built into them can only store 8 hours of data in the internal memory ..... You can offload that data to a zero lines card and store a tremendous amount of data.

The zero lines card is also used with the PC Autochart software to create a map card.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I went ahead and got it from the local Gander Outdoors that's going out of business so was able to get it for about $20. I don't own a Windows PC so won't be able to use the Autochart software, is there any benefit to the card without the Autochart?

5. Member
    If you got a card for that you got a good deal. If I’m not correct with the pc program you can make your own lines for lakes, editing and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    Thanks guys. I went ahead and got it from the local Gander Outdoors that's going out of business so was able to get it for about $20. I don't own a Windows PC so won't be able to use the Autochart software, is there any benefit to the card without the Autochart?
    You can do only Auto Chart Live with the Zero Line Card and not need the computer software.
    Live is overlayed on whatever map background you have.
    If you convert Live to Auto Chart, then it will be a map background like Lakemaster.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    Can someone explain the Zero Lines card for me in 3rd grade language? I've read what I can find on it, but I'm still not understanding the benefit of it. Why would I want to get a zero lines card?

Thanks,

Robert
    I asked a bunch of the same questions a few months back. I use the Zero Lines card with my LakeMaster card, both inserted in my G3N Helix 10. I record directly onto my Zero Lines card and leave it in the Helix. I don't have Autochart or any other program on my computer, so the Zero Lines card stores all of my sonar logs that I create on the water. My goal was to keep it as simple as possible. Mission accomplished

8. Member
    A big Thanks to Wayne P for helping me make that choice!