Ranger seats restiched

I'm looking to buy a 2004 519 vx that has two spots that the stiching has pulled free for about three to four inches. Can that be re-sewn?

To fix it correctly the seat would need to be un-skinned, re-sewn then reinstalled. More than likely if it has pulled loose it will do it in other areas also. Also with the age of the seat I would not go through that expense. Maybe sew it from the outside and get by with that for a while....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

My uncle owned an upholstery shop and I watched him fix boats seats like you described using a large curved upholstery needle and 8lb mono fishing line.

4. Member
    I also sew all canvas needed for my jobs. To clarify, crank68 is spot on, to correctly fix a seat I rip all seams, heat pieces flat, glue to patterning material, then trim correcting for shrinkage from age, pattern replacement fabric, sew together, re-cover seat.

A baseball curved needle can be used to re-attach a seam on a boat seat but not through original holes. The original holes most of the time are UV and just old age damaged to the point they will not hold well without tearing. My Expedition seats have been re-sewn for a few years now using UV stable thread using a baseball needle but not in the same holes. I had to catch the leather past where the original stitches were. Needle cutting when originally sewn of any seat cover damages the material, if you look close most of the time the thread gave along with the fabric. I never could stand behind a quick stitch up and only did it for my best customers to get them by.