Looking for some help asap

I have a 2000 210 pro v with a 2016 pro xs 250 running my motor 1 1/2 below pad with a 26p trophy 4 blade. I'm trying to figure out the best prop I've been told all kinds of things from guys running rangers champions and skeeter and they have no idea how a blazer runs. This boat at a little less then half trim chine walks so bad that my top speed is about 68 to 69 on a good day. I've been told the bravo 1 is the prop this boat needs with this motor but I really dont want to buy a 700 to 800 dollar prop and not be right. I've been told to trim the motor up more that makes it worse I've been told to drive through the chine walk I cant it gets so bad the boat feels like it's going to flip please help

TXP OT4 is a good prop. What rpm can you turn with the Trophy?

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    First thing, is to find someone that can teach you how to drive the boat before you start worrying about buying props.

You drive a performance hull with your ass, not your eyes. By the time you see the bow start to walk its too late for you to correct it right now.

Now does this first, take a 4ft level and lay it on the back deck. Get the weight distribution in the leveled out. Always pull gas first out of the starboard gas tank. Keeping full in the Port tank helps keep the boat from walking. Then work on taking your time to learn how to drive the boat and making small corrections with the steering wheel to the left to counter the rotation of the prop.

4. Member
    i am running a 28 bravo 1 @ 7/8" below pad
    ronnie gillespie
    team k & m rods/ mr. hooty spinner baits
    eddie\'s marine
    2005 blazer 210 pro v/ 2016 250 pro xs

5. Member
    I have a 2010, 210 pro v with a 250 pro xs..... Same boat. Call or text me at 334-322-8381 if you want some information, I've wasted a lot of money trying different things and my current setup I can take my hand off the wheel at 70mph and she runs straight.

Mike Augustine
    2010 Blazer 210 Pro V
    2010 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Sence I posted I've been going out as much as possible just trying to learn to drive this boat. I have made some improvements I can run with the set up I first posted about and run 71 72 before it walks so bad. I have the motor now at 3/4 below pad. Still running the trophy prop and turning 6000 rpm now problem. But one this now is the prop blows out so bad coming out of the hole. I've tried plugging the holes and made no change if I lower the motor back down it doesn't happen. But the boat chine walks at lower speeds.

7. Member
    If you can find a Bravo to try you may be able to run a little higher because of the larger diameter. You already know that going higher helps with the chine walk. Keep an eye on water pressure as you increase engine height.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazenArk View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Sence I posted I've been going out as much as possible just trying to learn to drive this boat. I have made some improvements I can run with the set up I first posted about and run 71 72 before it walks so bad. I have the motor now at 3/4 below pad. Still running the trophy prop and turning 6000 rpm now problem. But one this now is the prop blows out so bad coming out of the hole. I've tried plugging the holes and made no change if I lower the motor back down it doesn't happen. But the boat chine walks at lower speeds.
    If you have the prop balanced & blue printed it will help with the blow out. Mark Croxton is great

9. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Its a balancing act, especially with a static jack plate. The higher you raise the motor, which helps with top end and handling, you will lose hole shot and deal will the prop breaking loose as the boat breaks over on the hole shot. A large diameter prop will help will this but the best solution is a hydraulic jack plate.