Electronics for new boat?

I am getting ready to order a new ranger 188p and I was wondering what electronics I should get for the console and bow. I don’t need top of the line, but want decent units. I am thinking 7-8 inch at the bow and a 9 inch at the console. What do you guys recommend? Oh and if it matters, I am putting an ultrex 80# on it.

2. Member
    Lots to pick from out there. Your fishing may determine your choice. Have installed many HD units and they never figure them out.

3. Banned

4. Member
    Get the biggest screen size you can afford, makes things much easier....

I have HDS9’s on the console and bow. The 9 inch screen on the console is ok for the way I use it, however, I would like to have a 12 inch screen on the bow. I spend about half my time on offshore structure and I would like a larger charts screen alongside a large sonar screen. I tried two units on the bow but could not stand the clutter.

This is the way my units are mounted.
    Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 11-20-2019 at 09:07 PM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Member
    I have a garmin 73sv on the console and a 93sv on the bow with a balzout mount to bring it up closer to my old eyeballs. I like them quite a bit + if I ever hit the lottery the 93 can be upgraded to the livescan transducer.
    The 73 fits in the console flush mount. I like the larger screen on the bow, it's further away when standing up.
    Ranger RT188 (2015)
    Mercury Optimax ProXS 115, 4" Setback Plate
    Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 iPilot 70lb
    Garmin 73SV @ Helm, 93SV Chirp @ Bow