Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

V6 Optimax Model "Digital Trim Sensor" AND Analog Trim Gauge Option

For those interested in using an Analog Trim Gauge AND Smartcraft (Digital) Trim, there is a converter that is approved for the V6 models.

It is installed at the engine, and allows for both a Digital AND an Analog signal to be used.

Part# 8M0111837

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Thank you for posting this. I'm currently having a problem getting my analog trim gauge working. I have a 2012 300XS with the 14 pin harness. It has the 4 wire breakout at the adaper connector under the cowling. Trim up, Trim down, Analog temp and the Brown/white analog trim wire. I get no reading out of the Brown/white wire. This outboard has the heavy duty mid with the digital trim sender.
    What do I need to do in this situation to get the analog trim gauge working? The part number you posted above has different wire colors than the digital sender on my set-up.
    Hope you can help, Thanks, Steve.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L78steve View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I'm currently having a problem getting my analog trim gauge working. I have a 2012 300XS with the 14 pin harness. It has the 4 wire breakout at the adaper connector under the cowling. Trim up, Trim down, Analog temp and the Brown/white analog trim wire. I get no reading out of the Brown/white wire. This outboard has the heavy duty mid with the digital trim sender.
    What do I need to do in this situation to get the analog trim gauge working? The part number you posted above has different wire colors than the digital sender on my set-up.
    Hope you can help, Thanks, Steve.
    Steve- open a separate thread for your engine, and be sure to provide the Serial Number. Will be glad to try to assist you from there.

Strongly suggest getting Smartcraft... that would probably fix you up.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor