Thread: Quiet

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    I have an unopened bottle but you're not getting it for a few hundred!
    where’s the brotherhood??

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OKDennis View Post
    It is the correct price. I verified through multiple avenues and ultimately talking directly to Charger. I understand this is a MSRP and no one pays MSRP, but come on, $63k! That would put a full loaded boat to be priced at $90k to $100k.
    I believe what you are saying. Just not sure where they get that number. The Puma/Cougar SP has nationally advertised price of $67,000. I really believe you can get them for cheaper. The power poles and electronics on that boat are more than $4,000

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The elite pkg is unlimited on colors options etc the cx is the striped down version one color option and white hull and cap nothing but crank windows.2 Nd consoles are a option
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 12-04-2019 at 05:33 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I believe what you are saying. Just not sure where they get that number. The Puma/Cougar SP has nationally advertised price of $67,000. I really believe you can get them for cheaper. The power poles and electronics on that boat are more than $4,000
    I bet that cat has a list price too that is much higher

5. Member
    No doubt that the price of bass boats is out of control, and I have no idea where Charger or any other brand gets their list prices, but the bottom line is how much you can get a boat for. Like TOC said, the 210CX and 198CX are an option for those of us that don't need all of the bells and whistles. Obviously, this is a little easier for me since I was starting with 198CX certificate, but I am still spending a ton of money! Between settling up with my partner, income tax and sales tax, well, it's a lot of money! Both Marty's marine (496 and 797 pricing) and Ulrich marine (210 pricing) have been very helpful and patient. The 496 does come standard with more options than the 210CX and I am still considering it, but I feel like the 210CX may be a little easier to sell later on down the road - you just never know what could happen? Both the 210CX and 496 are very close on pricing. The thing is with a CX is you can save about $9000.00 over the 210ELITE by providing your own electronics and trolling motor. I know a lot of guys want to roll those costs into the loan, but by providing them myself, I am able to save on sales tax and hopefully a little on personal property tax. Not to mention picking exactly what brand you want.

Point of this post is that I think a guy can get a boat that has all of the function you need for less than you may think if you take your time and ask all the questions.

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Getting new electronics and Ultrex trolling motor is going to be pushing 8k I bet, so unless your already have the and just moving them over can’t see ya saving much.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Getting new electronics and Ultrex trolling motor is going to be pushing 8k I bet, so unless your already have the and just moving them over can’t see ya saving much.
    Exactly! Already have them and new Garmin trolling motor is coming! Really the point was if you're buying a relatively simple boat, maybe you could get by with entry level trolling motors and electronics?

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Ultrex or garmins and a 93 with scope is all I need you can buy a separate mount and just move it back and forth.Talk about saving money .

Which by the way folks, rebates are taxable in almost all states as well. The states have started valuing the point of purchase retail incentives as cash back, which it technically is.

Now when Ford/Dodge/Toyota/GM issue a rebate on site it is a taxable amunt paid as they gave you “cash back”. Thus the origin of the flawed Oklahoma opinion, using relative MSRP number and assuming discounting as a rebate. Arkansas does consider rebates as taxable, as do many other states. We try to stay away from rebates and MSRP other than NADA and ABOS numbers.

Some states like MO and others give used-product value credit on the trade, Arkansas does not.

Not intentionally stepping out on another brand board, though this post popped up on a topic search we ran and there you go.

BCB

I'm back, what did I miss?
    I got nothin

11. Banned
    The point is why such a mark up on a product they are selling for thousands if not tens of thousands less than MSRP?

12. Member
    still quiet!

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    That’s what I was thinking, everyone must be saving up their energy for NYE

14. Banned
    Be snoring about 10

15. Member
    Same hear jarhead! going to get up early and go fishing though. Starting the year off right! At least I still have the 496, because it will be a while on the 210!

16. Banned
    Don't forget to buy a new license on the way to the lake in the morning.

17. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Don't forget to buy a new license on the way to the lake in the morning.
    In TX, license year is Sept 1 - Aug 31.

Happy New Year to all.
    I got nothin

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    3.25% of the MSRP when you actually paid thousands less will crawl under your skin real quick.

"Excise tax on boats and outboard motors is based on the manufacturer's original retail selling price of the unit. Boat/outboard motor excise tax is assessed as follows:

New Boat/Motor: 3.25% of the manufacturer's original retail selling priceUsed Boat/Motor: For each subsequent year of age, the taxable value is decreased 35%"
    Bought 2 new ones in past 3 years, its not msrp, it retail selling price. You need a different tag office. Both boats the tag office had no way of knowing the msrp.

20. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Msrp is for the loan amount .Its the same as buying a new vehicle they have to know what it’s worth to loan on it.So when you get the item for less than msrp the bank is happy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234