Thread: Quiet

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Guess the overseas sales are good enough to justify it.

2. Member
    Is the tax the same on cars and trucks? - Based off sticker?

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Is the tax the same on cars and trucks? - Based off sticker?
    Far as I know in Oklahoma cars and trucks are taxed by the amount you paid. Boats and motors are now taxed by the MSRP not what you paid. Makes absolutely no sense but that's Oklahoma.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Far as I know in Oklahoma cars and trucks are taxed by the amount you paid. Boats and motors are now taxed by the MSRP not what you paid. Makes absolutely no sense but that's Oklahoma.
    That is messed up! Can't really say that Charger is to blame on this one. I can't believe the big boat people put up with this law!

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    What if you buy a boat in another state and pay taxes there??

6. Banned
    That is messed up! Can't really say that Charger is to blame on this one. I can't believe the big boat people put up with this law!
    Chargers not to blame for Oklahomas stupid tax laws. Chargers to blame for a MSRP that is above what it should be. You can buy fully dressed out boats for a couple thousand above what Charger states the hull and trailer are worth. Reminds me of car dealers that jack up the MSRP so they make the buyer "feel" like they got a good deal.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    What if you buy a boat in another state and pay taxes there??
    No clue never bought one out of state maybe someone else in Oklahoma has?

I made a post in the Oklahoma form maybe someone will answer that.
    Last edited by jarhead175; 11-27-2019 at 01:48 PM.

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    https://ibb.co/x6974qn

this one is down to 54 and change that’s cheap

9. Member
    There’s no way that can be what the actual retail is for just the boat. The BassCat Puma/Cougar special package is $67k and that’s with 2 PPs, 2 Humminbirds, an Ultrex and Mercury 4 stroke

10. Member
    They use list pricing. Every boat manufacturer does the same.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Chargers not to blame for Oklahomas stupid tax laws. Chargers to blame for a MSRP that is above what it should be. You can buy fully dressed out boats for a couple thousand above what Charger states the hull and trailer are worth. Reminds me of car dealers that jack up the MSRP so they make the buyer "feel" like they got a good deal.
    Exactly! Oklahoma’s law is stupid, but Charger is the one that sets the MSRP. Why set the price of the boat and trailer for a price that is near what the actual sales price is for boat, motor, and trailer. Oh yeah, remember this is a basic boat with no poles, electronics or other upgrades.

On your question about buying a boat out of state, the state of Oklahoma doesn’t care where you buy the boat, they’re going to charge you tax on the MSRP. The buyer’s place of residence is what dictates the tax.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    There’s no way that can be what the actual retail is for just the boat. The BassCat Puma/Cougar special package is $67k and that’s with 2 PPs, 2 Humminbirds, an Ultrex and Mercury 4 stroke
    It is the correct price. I verified through multiple avenues and ultimately talking directly to Charger. I understand this is a MSRP and no one pays MSRP, but come on, $63k! That would put a full loaded boat to be priced at $90k to $100k.

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Charger needs to make the MSRP 2000.00 but sale them for more. Like Pappy Van Winkle, its 69.00 msrp but sales for 3000.00.
    Oh and if anyone can find me a bottle for a few hundreds, ill take it!!!

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OKDennis View Post
    It is the correct price. I verified through multiple avenues and ultimately talking directly to Charger. I understand this is a MSRP and no one pays MSRP, but come on, $63k! That would put a full loaded boat to be priced at $90k to $100k.
    Exactly the numbers don't add up and in the end I guess the only number that matters is the one you write the check for. Well besides us poor basturds in Oklahoma that the state tax commission screws over but, if you live in Oklahoma your used to it happening daily.

On a side note when I do get to buy one when I head to the bank I got one hell of a sales pitch now.....getting a 90k rig for 65k-70k.

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    You can buy a 596 a cheaper or even a 496 or 396 so just keep that in mind there are other options in the line up.Another thing if you want a white hull with one color and none of the bling bs you can order a cx 210-198 and save alot.Just don’t get caught up in the Mercedes editions when you only need a Chevy edition.
    Or just get ahold of Hickory and get a FULL loaded 210 for basically free.

16. Member
    Oklahoma's excise tax is only 3.25%. In Arkansas we pay 6.5 on the sales price, so it looks like Oklahoma buyers are coming out ahead!

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rfcrappie View Post
    Oklahoma's excise tax is only 3.25%. In Arkansas we pay 6.5 on the sales price, so it looks like Oklahoma buyers are coming out ahead!
    3.25% of the MSRP when you actually paid thousands less will crawl under your skin real quick.

"Excise tax on boats and outboard motors is based on the manufacturer's original retail selling price of the unit. Boat/outboard motor excise tax is assessed as follows:

New Boat/Motor: 3.25% of the manufacturer's original retail selling priceUsed Boat/Motor: For each subsequent year of age, the taxable value is decreased 35%"

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Where is Dunn he will explain the free boat thing ,in fact twice!
    Sorry I've been away. Dealing with some health issues in the family.
    I got nothin

They use list pricing. Every boat manufacturer does the same.
    List pricing is used so they get a break on their taxes. $60,000 shown on a 1099 to the winner gives Charger a break on their taxable income.
    I got nothin

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Like Pappy Van Winkle, its 69.00 msrp but sales for 3000.00.
    Oh and if anyone can find me a bottle for a few hundreds, ill take it!!!
    I have an unopened bottle but you're not getting it for a few hundred!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast