Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    I'd say it was more in line with teaching the young girl that it's okay to break the law. I still haven't figured out how someone not in the car got ticketed and for what.

I don’t think we are in danger of that.

If we hear about her robbing banks, I’ll gladly eat my words.

In the meantime, you’re just going to have to deal with the fact that I’m not properly outraged when a dad let his 16 year old daughter drive a couple miles on her own, so he could go fishing.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    OMG there are some holier than thou people in this thread! Stop with the “what if’s”....none of them happened! It’s just a game for you to attempt to get your point across. If you have NEVER broken ANY traffic law go ahead and tell the OP how to raise his kids. If you have, be real
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Zpilot View Post
    If your daughter was not driving the car illegally you never would have had this contact with the trooper.
    You don't know that. She still would have gotten stuck and the call would have been made.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

4. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    OMG there are some holier than thou people in this thread! Stop with the “what if’s”....none of them happened! It’s just a game for you to attempt to get your point across. If you have NEVER broken ANY traffic law go ahead and tell the OP how to raise his kids. If you have, be real
    Think there will be more than a few on here that have never committed a criminal offense while driving.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    My attorney has spoken.

6. Member
    Bunch of snowflakes here too

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Well said.
    So the butt chewing should have been mine (or my wife's). I totally supported his decision to ticket me and not her.
    He really did his best to entice me to get fired up. Including telling me how to parent and other things. Lol! I have kids his age.
    No, you both deserved a butt chewing. You said it was OK but she still broke the law. You're permission does not make it OK.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    We have some real deep thinkers in the lounge.

Maybe your daughter reminded him of all the girls who laughed at him in school.

Id report him as stated above. May be a history of this and he already on thin ice. Press the issue of reviewing the body cam. I dont care if he was having a bad day or not. It is his job, and most of it is dealing with people. If he can no longer do so he may should reconsider his career choices. I would think in this day of all the bad press. It would be imperative for officers to maintain professionalism.
    Or maybe she reminded if of the dead kid whose parents he had to inform last week.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I can remember driving my granddad around while he drank beer when I was 12 years old. We were on country roads though.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

10. Member
    Refuse to answer my question. You are making excuses to justify a person who is not legally able to drive. Are you ok with people driving drunk as long as they don’t hurt anybody?

police are here to protect us. Plain and simple. They get “angry” when they pull over intoxicated drivers who’s only crime was not legally being able to drive...is that an acceptable reason for them to be “mean”?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    You don't know that. She still would have gotten stuck and the call would have been made.
    She got stuck because she was driving illegally. In other words she should not have been driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    well, actually...that is 100% the case
    He is correct if the same incident occured and she was licensed. But, if she wasn't driving that then no. So, depending on how you want to look at it, you are both correct.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

13. Member
    I'd say it was more in line with teaching the young girl that it's okay to break the law. I still haven't figured out how someone not in the car got ticketed and for what.
    If the OP got the ticket himself then it was the LEOs way of letting the girl off the hook by making the parents responsible. Otherwise the car would’ve been towed and her permit revoked and have a suspension on her file so it would be years before she could apply for another permit. So in actuality, the LEO did the OP a favor. This whole thread started because the LEO used bad words and was brash in front of her, making it a tough learning experience. But since it wasn’t done with smiles and rainbows, people want this officer castrated.

Also, police don’t pull over random vehicles because people called it in. They would need to verify the erratic behavior personally prior to pulling her over. There is something else in this story that is not being said. Police won’t pull you over for high centering a vehicle, and people would not call in a drunk driver if they were stuck where other vehicles are parked. That makes zero sense. If the deputy’s pulled her over a half mile down the road from a festival, they were already on scene, and would have called it in so the state police wouldn’t have came.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

14. Member
    I still haven't figured out how someone not in the car got ticketed and for what.
    Same here seems she got lucky.

I do find it interesting that people can read a second hand account of one side of the story and draw a bunch of concrete conclusions.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    I do find it interesting that people can read a second hand account of one side of the story and draw a bunch of concrete conclusions.
    I find it interesting that you can draw such a concrete conclusion on people's one sided responses???.. Dan

You both were wrong. Should not have let her drive and he should have been more professional.

18. Member
    I think the trooper did both of you a favor. I could be wrong but in some states if you have a major infraction such as driving without a valid drivers license you could be subject to a 18-21 year old new driving licensing age, car impounded and possibly arrested. I don't really see how this situation could cause so much stress to someone when it could have been much worse.

And yes, when I was 14 my mom had me drive to the store and she was the passenger. My dad had a 1968 Mustang and she could not drive a manual transmission and I could.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

19. Banned
    I just hope the OP records the whole episode when he goes an talks with the Trooper's supervisor...

Ummm, yeah, well we had a run in with one of your Troopers. The wife and I said it was Okay for our 16 year old 4'11'' daughter to drive alone on her learners permit, I mean heck she's only a couple of weeks from taking the test right. I had plans to fish a bass tournament (wear your jersey for credibility) and the wife was going hunting and we didn't want to be inconvenienced, plus we didn't want to listen to her whining for the next week, so we tossed her the keys and said only to and from the fair. I mean that's being responsible parents right??? We laid down the driving rules. I mean all know 4'11" 16 year olds always listen, I mean right??? Well our 4"11' daughter was driving home illegally and someone called in to reported a drunk in the same make and model our 4"11' daughter was driving. So your Trooper bust in after two of my friends who happen to on the local police force had her pulled over and starts to berate my 4'11" daughter so bad that she now fear all LEO's and the color blue. She calls me and now I have to cut my tournament day short to go meet the Trooper and he then has the balls to cut me a break and only write me ticket. I want justice for my 4"11' daughter!!!... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I was kind of thinking this, I know it’s not supposed to be about “why she was pulled over”; but she must have been doing something wrong to have been reported drunk driving. Was she texting?
    The RP is NOT complaining about the ticket or why she was pulled over. He is simply stating his displeasure with the way the State Trooper handled the situation when he arrived. Completely a jerk. He could have used this as a teaching moment instead of being a jerk. Stop bringing this up!!

As others have said, I would definitely report it to his supervisor. He needs a teaching moment. As for your daughters crush on the cop. Yes introduce her to other officers and let her see they are not all jerks. Plenty of great officers out there. Much respect for you not losing your cool. Its not an easy thing to do. Its what the Bible teaches though.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast