Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post
    Whether the Trooper was unprofessional or not, you as a parent, put your daughter in this position by allowing her to drive without a licensed operator in the car. You are solely to blame.
    BS. The trooper is responsible for his actions. His is the professional and is held to that. If he had that reaction to the parent that would be excessive but to a 16 year old. No, sorry, NOT acceptable. Cussing and accusations are not in his training. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Well said.
    So the butt chewing should have been mine (or my wife's). I totally supported his decision to ticket me and not her.
    He really did his best to entice me to get fired up. Including telling me how to parent and other things. Lol! I have kids his age.
    Last edited by Javelin387; 11-20-2019 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Just Because

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Total BS, so he’s to blame for the Troopers ignorance and unprofessionalism? This is why people get away with being idiots; just blame someone else for their actions. He, the dad, stated he and his wife made a mistake and it is irrelevant to the Troopers actions and should have no bearing.
    So are you blaming parents or trooper?

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    So are you blaming parents or trooper?
    I’m blaming the Trooper for being unprofessional. There’s zero excuse for his (Trooper) behavior. Cursing, mentioning the type of car, all BS and none of his business. He should have done his job, written the ticket, moved on. Educating a young driver, or any driver, is fine if done professionally. Cursing and giving advice on the type of car a kid should or should not drive should not be part of a Troopers job. That’s up to the parents, that’s their job, and none of anyone else’s business.

5. Member
    The bottom line IMO is if this young lady was not breaking the law she would never of had this experience. I do agree that the trooper was out of line.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I’m blaming the Trooper for being unprofessional. There’s zero excuse for his (Trooper) behavior. Cursing, mentioning the type of car, all BS and now he of his business. He should have done his job, written the ticket, moved on. Educating a young driver, or any driver, is fine if done professionally. Cursing and giving advice on the type of car a kid should or should not drive be part of a Troopers job.
    Trooper sounds like an a**. Parents made a very ignorant decision also. Just trying to understand who you were excusing.

7. Banned
    I couldn't make it through two pages. Gotta love the holier than thou!

8. Banned
    As a parent I would need to see the video if available. The teen certainly shouldn’t have been driving, but that alone does not warrant the troopers actions if it is as reported. I hardly think this young lady is going to be this troopers worst offender to deal with in this shift. Imagine how he handles someone who is confrontational?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Thanks for sharing your sermon, I guess

10. Banned
    The traffic infraction is of absolutely no importance. It dosen't matter if she was driving on a permit, doing 20 mph over the speed limit, or whatever the infraction the case maybe the trooper was completely wrong for his comments. You should report him to his superiors and ask that he come apologize to your daughter. That will help her get over any issues with law enforcement when he tells her he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

12. Member
    The parents are at fault for letting her drive. The trooper on the other hand sounds like the kind of person that has no business in the profession. If it where me, he would be explaining himself in front of me and his commander.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Trooper should not act like that. He probably needs a vacation. All day, everyday dealing with people who choose not to follow the law is probably frustrating. A learners permit is important. The trooper heard that mom and dad had other things to do but gave her permission to break the law. That is probably frustrating. But he should remain professional.
    Well said. The Trooper was an ass if he acted as alleged. He absolutely should be reprimanded. Unfortunately, the parents and the teenage driver ignored the driving laws and were totally in the wrong in this situation. Going to be hard one to report with any amount of credibility.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Bringing her height into The conversation is just trying to illicit an emotional response rather than a rational response from members on here. It has no weight in the altercation between her and the LEO. Yes LEOs are supposed to be professional in every situation, but sounds like he was more so annoyed with the parents who let an underaged, unlicensed girl drive without any regards for the law. He could have kids at home and went into a parent mentality and why he lost his cool. He was scolding both of you, not just her and you should bring that up. You could report it to his supervisors that he was mean to her but have a feeling he was making an example out of you to her that it’s not ok to break the law even if the parents say it’s ok. but I think you need to have a serious talk with your daughter too. You said she’s afraid to pull over all because one officer was mean to her. You showed her how to talk with the police respectfully but she also needs to realize that not pulling over isn’t an option. If she is scared to pull over because someone was rude to her, it’s going to cause a lot more problems.

My crystal ball sees a huge therapy bill at age 40, if this emotional catastrophe isn’t dealt with now.

Failure to get professional treatment for stuff like this, is how young girls end up with a tattoo on their lower back.

16. Member
    Theres alot of shoes off or on in this thread.

To the op question your friends with some police take her to meet them and let her make up her own mind, she is sixteen.

17. Banned
    Sounds like the local officers were shirking their duty. Car should have been impounded, driver taken to their HQ and parents called...

A for the trooper, he probably got fired up because 2 full grown adults (plus her grandparents) let their 16 year old with just a learners permit drive a car without a licensed driver in the passenger seat knowing full well it's against the law. This wasn't her just sneaking out and taking the car. You and your wife orchestrated this, thought it out and then did it... The trooper had every right to be pissed with someone who flaunts the law... I think you got off way too easy... Dan
    Last edited by Dan21XRS; 11-20-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Parent was wrong, admitted to being wrong, and was ticketed. Trooper was wrong and nothing will be done about it and he will most likely continue his behavior unless it is reported. People have a lot going on in their lives and you never know what someone is going through. Personally, I think just having a professional one on one conversation with the Trooper would be great and might actually help save the guys job or prevent something worse from happening. Make it clear you’re not trying to get him punished, just want to explain your concerns. If he’s professional and receptive then that’s the end of it. If not, go another step above him.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    So, I'm just curious is all. She parked in an area with trucks and suv's and got stuck. No really big deal and most anyone driving by would realize that was a parking mistake and not equate it to drunk driving. So, was there something that happened after she got unstuck and was driving down the road to cause someone to report a drunk driver? Second question is why did the deputies defer to the trooper? He rolls up, one walks back and says "She's not drunk, we've got this" and he drives away. It just sounds like there's more to the story.
    Parking was full at the festival. She parked on the shoulder behind other vehicles. The shoulder consisted of very little road and a small ditch. trucks and Suv's would have no issue. Her mustang high centered when she dropped one side of the car in the small ditch. My guess is she was spinning tires trying to get out before she went and got a few friends to hand push her out.
    I know she high centered because a small plastic under piece broke off.
    I was told by the officer that they received a call of a drunk driver in a mustang and responded. I did not ask the Trooper why he didn't let the deputies handle such a simple situation.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

The trooper already cut her a break by not ticketing HER which would have caused a delay in her getting her actual license. Can't believe all the guys on here saying the trooper should be reported lol. Go ahead, report it, check the locals dash cam that pulled her over and then the troopers body cam, would like to see both.

And for what it's worth, no 16 year old girl needs all that horsepower under her ass, it's a recipe for disaster.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast