Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I was more concerned on how to deal with my daughters fear of the police.
    If she if in fear after being contacted by an ahole, how will she ever deal with the millions of other aholes she'll come across in this life? She'll file a complaint and move on.

2. Member
    I'd ask for (FOIA) the video from dash or body cam to confirm your daughter's version. When you do that, you'll likely trigger some curiosity from his superiors and you might not have to pursue it any further. If it was anything like what you describe, I'm pretty certain it didn't meet the standards of conduct expected of their troopers.

If none of that works out for you, you could involve local TV news and see if they'd apply some negative PR pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    If she if in fear after being contacted by an ahole, how will she ever deal with the millions of other aholes she'll come across in this life?
    Agree... Parents were wrong, daughter was wrong, trooper handled it wrong but there's no reason to be afraid of law enforcement or to not pull over. Did she say she was afraid or are you assuming that?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Original post talks about her high centering the car.

ahh, I thought that mean when she had parked the car though.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    He should not have treated her that way. I would have a talk with his boss. But she should not have been driving without being legal. Think what could happen if she were in a wreck.
    Trust me. I fully agree. Bad choice on my wife's part.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

6. Member
    I WOULD take her to meet a professional LEO, unfortunately there are bad apples out there, I am sorry for her experience. By the way, my son-in-law is a deputy, he would never talk to someone in that manner.

So, I'm just curious is all. She parked in an area with trucks and suv's and got stuck. No really big deal and most anyone driving by would realize that was a parking mistake and not equate it to drunk driving. So, was there something that happened after she got unstuck and was driving down the road to cause someone to report a drunk driver? Second question is why did the deputies defer to the trooper? He rolls up, one walks back and says "She's not drunk, we've got this" and he drives away. It just sounds like there's more to the story.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

8. Member
    Sounds like he was either very jealous of your daughters car and your means. Or maybe his kids are hounding him for stuff with the old every one else's parent buy them this that and the other thing and he is sick of hearing it and he is yelling at the people who have to listen to him. The old lady and the kids don't have to just shut up and take it they can yell back.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Sounds like he was either very jealous of your daughters car and your means. Or maybe his kids are hounding him for stuff with the old every one else's parent buy them this that and the other thing and he is sick of hearing it and he is yelling at the people who have to listen to him. The old lady and the kids don't have to just shut up and take it they can yell back.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    So, I'm just curious is all. She parked in an area with trucks and suv's and got stuck. No really big deal and most anyone driving by would realize that was a parking mistake and not equate it to drunk driving. So, was there something that happened after she got unstuck and was driving down the road to cause someone to report a drunk driver? Second question is why did the deputies defer to the trooper? He rolls up, one walks back and says "She's not drunk, we've got this" and he drives away. It just sounds like there's more to the story.

That’s what I was trying to ask earlier. Something doesn’t quite make sense, in my opinion anyways.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Yelling back is not going to help the situation.
    You missed his point. He's talking about the trooper's home life

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    You missed his point. He's talking about the trooper's home life
    lol

13. Member
    Whether the Trooper was unprofessional or not, you as a parent, put your daughter in this position by allowing her to drive without a licensed operator in the car. You are solely to blame.
    Question everything!

Maybe write an NFL player, and see if he will start some kind of protest to bring awareness to this issue?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    The old lady and the kids don't have to just shut up and take it they can yell back.
    I think historically this is always the best course of action. It usually works out great and de escalates the situation.
    Question everything!

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Maybe write an NFL player, and see if he will start some kind of protest to bring awareness to this issue?
    Press conference maybe? What is alred up to nowadays?

17. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    There is no excuse for the trooper's behavior. What I'm wondering is how/why did someone not in the car get a ticket? Seems the driver is the only one that should be ticketed. What was the ticket for? I have raised 3 daughters and believe me, she'll get over the whole situation if it's explained to her correctly. Admit to her that you, her and the trooper were all in the wrong and then move on.

Dale Sinclair original

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post
    Whether the Trooper was unprofessional or not, you as a parent, put your daughter in this position by allowing her to drive without a licensed operator in the car. You are solely to blame.
    Total BS, so he’s to blame for the Troopers ignorance and unprofessionalism? This is why people get away with being idiots; just blame someone else for their actions. He, the dad, stated he and his wife made a mistake and it is irrelevant to the Troopers actions and should have no bearing.

I work for an airline, responsible for for giving pilots their type rating and their yearly check rides. I’ve had some very unprofessional pilots, some very argumentative and unprofessional. Some just want to argue and make up for their lack of skills by getting me to react so they can turn around and blame me for their performance. No matter what they say or do I’ve got to be a professional, cannot let their actions affect me in any way. The Trooper was wrong, doesn’t matter what the parents or the young lady did.
    Last edited by C130; 11-20-2019 at 08:19 AM.

19. Member
    like was said, either a personal meeting with his supervisor or a letter to him/her would be in order. They won't know if nobody informs them. As far as the vehicle, that's great that she can drive a car like that. People have no business deciding what vehicle that is acceptable to YOUR child. That is the parents responsibility for what the child is capable of. And yes when I was 16 I purchased a 69 Superbee with a 383 and a 4 speed. Did not get into trouble with it. Heeded my dads warning and didn't do anything "excessively" stupid with it. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

20. Member
    Many things happen in life that affect us negatively. Sit down and talk to her and explain that you and your wife chose to take a chance and let her drive the short distance although it was illegal. Let her know you suffered the consequences and thats what generally happens when you do things that are against the law. Tell her she will encounter many more like him in life and to always try to lessen the situation at that time, never do anything to escalate it. Get through it and move on. You were a good example of this.

Without her knowing and if you choose to, have a sit down with the sheriff and explain to him how you were not happy with the way the trooper handled the situation. He can ask his deputies, about it should he have questions. It would be better coming from him to the trooper's superior versus you calling them.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast