Rev Shooter Rims

I'm looking to purchase some Rev 824 Shooter rims. I noticed that the center cap is enclosed. Does the center cap help keep the grease inside? Do you guys have to take your rims off to pack the bearings because of this? Do you guys us som type of synthetic grease which enables you to go longer distances without repacking?

My current rims have the center hole missing & the hole is covered by a rubber cover. Because of this it allows me to pack the bearings without taking the entire rim off. Trying to decide whether to purchase new rims or not.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    🎣1996 Champion 202/ Mtn Home🎣

2. Member
    I believe the REV Shooter wheel is no longer manufactured or supported by REV.
    IMO it was the best looking wheel.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

I found the wheels in CA.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooty06 View Post
    I found the wheels in CA.
    Good deal. I believe for BCB trailers they are a -17 offset. Not sure with your champion.
    I will say that usually I remove my wheel and hub to repack bearings and replace seals.
    If your using the buddy bearings you will have to remove the wheel to add grease.

Non vault hubs use: https://www.amazon.com/Valvoline-Aut...418790435&th=1

If you have vault hubs you can still change over to this grease.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Ok. Thanks. How often do you add grease?

6. Member
    It all comes down to seal leakage and wheels heating up. Keep an eye on the wheels for grease slinging, specifically the rear seals.
    Also feel the rims after a trip. They should all be near the same temps, except the rims with brakes.

I usually jack up the wheels once a year and spin them and listen for bearing wear.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

7. Member
    The best answer is never. Only add grease when you replace either a bearing or the inner seal. Otherwise check 'em every 3-4 years by removing. If all is well, still time to clean bearings, repack them, and replace the inner seals for another few years of trouble-free towing. If you add grease through the zero, you can easily push the seal on the rear of the hub out enough that it does not ride correctly and will either wear or just outright let water in when you back down the ramp.

I'm in the habit of EVERY time I tow my boat, I check the hub temps after a long segment of the trip, or at the ramp. I know what to expect them to feel like in either summer or winter. If it feels too warm, a check and replacement will follow the next day.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200