2005 z20 starboard side fuel tank

This only happens to the starboard side fuel tank, several times on each tank of gas, I run out of fuel, the primer bulb is soft , so i reprime the motor and it might run out of gas again, or it could be while before it does it again. It never happens to the port side tank , just wondering if anyone has any idea what to look for , I'm going to pull the seats over the weekend

2. Member
    It sounds like it could be a venting issue but maybe something else.

3. Member
    Might be a number of things. Check for a leak from the selector valve to tank, check the check ball in the elbow on top of the tank,blockage on the stbd tank vent or a problem with the tank pick up tube on the stbd tank. Mine runs out of fuel on a long idle on the stbd tank and I can not find the problem.

4. Member
    Ok I will pull the seats this weekend and look where the vent hoses are and make sure there are in good condition thanks for the info, and if I find something I will let you know thanks again

5. Member
    [QUOTE=patcal19;10661196]It sounds like it could be a venting issue but maybe something else.

6. Member
    Ok that like some good advice when I get the seats pulled I will look some sort of fuel leak,I I will make sure to check valve is working correctly . Thanks for giving me some ideas, I will let you know what I find or don't find

7. Member
    Old fuel lines can collapse from within. They also flake off small pieces of rubber. Might not be visible from the outside. How old is the fuel line?

8. Member
    Original hoses , they have never been changed ,do you think it would be a good time to change the fuel hoses

9. Member
    If you are going to the trouble of pulling the seat, your halfway there. Better to do it this time of the year than in prime fishing time. $.02

10. Member
    That's a good idea,I really had no idea the gas hoses fail, im not going back out this year. I might as well take the time and replace the hoses, down time in the spring sucks thanks for the advice,

11. Member
    Thanks for the tips , I changed all the fuel hoses , the tank I was having problems with ,had a soft spot in the hose , if felt almost like it was covered with a glue, I went over last week and ran it for a bit and no problem with the starboard tank , so I'm thinking it was a fuel hose under the seat that was giving me problems, all the water is hard now so I won't really know till I head down south in Florida, but thanks for the information

12. Member
    I changed the hoses and I'm sure you were right on the hoses if I knew how to put a picture of the soft section I would thanks again

13. Member