Thread: Ike's new Cat

Ike's new Cat

I just saw Ike's new boat on Wife's FB and I could have sworn it looked like a Cougar FTD instead of his usual Puma. The boat's cover covered the back deck and sides but the front deck lids look like a Cougar but didn't have much time to see. It was a quick clip.

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    I just saw Ike's new boat on Wife's FB and I could have sworn it looked like a Cougar FTD instead of his usual Puma. The boat's cover covered the back deck and sides but the front deck lids look like a Cougar but didn't have much time to see. It was a quick clip.
    He ran a Cougar FTD this year so it's probably a Cougar.

3. Member
    It’s a cougar. His video is on bcb fb. Gotta stop it when it gets to the front deck cause it doesn’t have badges on it.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

4. Member
    He digs the cougar he was talking about it on one of the podcasts.

5. Member
    I thought he always ran a Cougar FTD

I thought along with some of his bass u cohosts he ran a puma, he said "no I'm a cougar guy"
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

also Saw that John Crews went from the Lynx to the Eyra

The pro's can run darn near any model in the line up and will never say anything negative about their sponsor so looking at what they choose to run year after year is a significant tell. The Eyra is a favorite among a lot of pro's and yet it is one of the smallest boats on the tours. I hear it rides better than the Cougar/Puma and is arguably faster than a 250 powered Lynx.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

He has been in the Cougar FTD for several years now, Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I thought he always ran a Cougar FTD
    I marshaled for him on LSC a few years ago and he was in a Puma FTD.....He must have swiched over recently......
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    He has been in the Cougar FTD for several years now, Kev.
    Well I'm out of touch then. My bad. I thought he was in a Puma like he was for years. Guess he switched a few years ago.

12. Member
    Crews going from an Eyra to a Lynx must have been a huge change.
    I'm not surprised he is returning to the Eyra. Not that there is anything at all wrong with the Lynx. Just a big difference in handling and performance.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Crews going from an Eyra to a Lynx must have been a huge change.
    I'm not surprised he is returning to the Eyra. Not that there is anything at all wrong with the Lynx. Just a big difference in handling and performance.
    I can greatly appreciate big water ride but being honest with myself, a 21 footer just does not suit my style of fishing these days. I am also not 100% happy with the OAL performance of my Z519 either, which goes to show how much just 6" more or less can change the OAL dynamics. The Eyra/Cougar line up is in the sweet spot for OAL 250 performance and fishable layout.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    I can greatly appreciate big water ride but being honest with myself, a 21 footer just does not suit my style of fishing these days. I am also not 100% happy with the OAL performance of my Z519 either, which goes to show how much just 6" more or less can change the OAL dynamics. The Eyra/Cougar line up is in the sweet spot for OAL 250 performance and fishable layout.
    I agree. Fishing big water the Lynx would definitely offer better comfort and stability.
    For me the Eyra is the happy place in the 20 footers as it gains the length needed but fishes small.

For the waters I fish the 19 footer is plenty. I I drove the two hours to Toledo Bend often, than a 20 footer would fill the bill.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs