Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    If I recall BASS set up an angler advisory type committee to give the anglers a better say in BASS decisions moving forward. From the feedback one of the biggest reasons some of the old guard left was they felt BASS was not listening to them. Seems the anglers have a committee now that has some say in matters like this.
    Well thats fine.. But if I put myself in the voters shoes how does that help me or even the business vs just bringing people in from the opens? This is what I dont think makes sense.

Unless they have found themselves needing those names. Of course im not them so I dont know. just random thoughts.

2. Banned
    I know I am. Actually got my travel arrangements today for Guntersville in March. Gonna be a fun trip. Lots of work but always a great time.

For the first time in many years, I’m contemplating going.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Well thats fine.. But if I put myself in the voters shoes how does that help me or even the business vs just bringing people in from the opens? This is what I dont think makes sense.

Unless they have found themselves needing those names. Of course im not them so I dont know. just random thoughts.
    If it would help BASS, and I think it would, it would also indirectly help the current Elite anglers. Getting them to understand that now is another story.

A name like Martin is well established in the game.....bring him into teh Elites and you increase viewership and interest. In the end that benefits ALL Elite anglers in regards to sponsorship oppurtunities etc.

5. Member
    A name like Martin is well established in the game.....bring him into teh Elites and you increase viewership and interest. In the end that benefits ALL Elite anglers in regards to sponsorship oppurtunities etc.
    Well maybe.. unless they come in and take your lunch money and camera time.

Of course lots of maybes in any scenario.

The guys I have been around that fish at that level are not wired that way. They believe they can catch 'em as good as anyone and welcome competition.

7. Member
    The guys I have been around that fish at that level are not wired that way. They believe they can catch 'em as good as anyone and welcome competition.
    That could be true as I dont know them. My gut however says when that anonymous vote comes around people will be voting with the thoughts of feeding family not being tough guy.

Of course just my guess as is most everything I post lol.

I don't think there are any maybe's to it. It would increase viewership if you brought in Martin, Wheeler, etc. The increased viewership will indirectly help all the anglers.

9. Member
    I have sat with him at his moms marina several times, I am just a Georgia boy who goes down to fish a few times a year, I like the setup at Mary Ann's place. He ask more about me than I do about him. Down to earth guy.

10. Member
    Can you imagine the chill bumps in the audience at Day 3 weigh in if he wins a Classic for his Dad?
    Or on the off change he doesn't make the cut to qualify. A lot can happen.
    I think he may be a little sore over not getting an invite to BPT last year. And now that they own FLW he has decided he doesn't want to be part of it. But he is a great marketer so he saw an opportunity to use this. I am sure he will do a youtube series about him fishing the opens. I would not be a bit surprised if he had not already spoken with BASS and had a deal for them to give him exposure for that too.
    Semper Fi

11. Member
    Good luck to him!

So who's going to be next to announce the same thing?

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    So who's going to be next to announce the same thing?
    Upshaw or Thrift.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Or on the off change he doesn't make the cut to qualify. A lot can happen.
    I think he may be a little sore over not getting an invite to BPT last year. And now that they own FLW he has decided he doesn't want to be part of it. But he is a great marketer so he saw an opportunity to use this. I am sure he will do a youtube series about him fishing the opens. I would not be a bit surprised if he had not already spoken with BASS and had a deal for them to give him exposure for that too.
    I dont think he is sore about it. From a business perspective it makes no sense to fish the FLW now, at least for a couple of years. They took away your sponsor promoting ability so that cuts you money, they took away any qualification hopes for this year to what is considered the new pro trail. I think there will be some changes but for now I can see where it's a better business decision to go to the opens. It was interesting that that kids sponsors were all pushing to BASS. They dont want to be cut down either and being they are in the industry, in the behind scenes stuff, all of that, it kind of stands to say people aren't on board with MLF because if they were they wouldn't have an issue.

15. Member
    If he doesn't qualify for the Elites he can always be one of the stars on the new tour coming down the road. I'm sure they are looking for a few big names to get the ball rolling.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    If he doesn't qualify for the Elites he can always be one of the stars on the new tour coming down the road. I'm sure they are looking for a few big names to get the ball rolling.
    True. It would make sense for them to be pulling the same backdoor tactics boids bunch used.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    True. It would make sense for them to be pulling the same backdoor tactics boids bunch used.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    True. Maybe a few are banking on that option

19. dartag1829
    Bet there are a lot of FLW guys happy each time one of these Stars leaves the circuit. Just a better chance of them finishing in the top ten and move up to BPT and make more money on the Pro Tour.

20. Member
    Huge loss for FLW. He is the brand ambassador and has a great image.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast