High end crank/moving bait rod

I get the logic behind spending more money for a high end rod when that rod will be used for bottom contact presentations where sensitivity is a top priority. Are there any logical reasons for purchasing a high dollar rod for moving bait applications? I'm talking about going from a $150-$200 rod up to a $400+ rod. Do you really see any noticeable difference in performance?

I'm a fan of high end tackle in general, but I get to use a lot of tackle across the price spectrum. It isn't "necessary" to use something like the amazing Steez AGS 72MHRB, which is one of my favorite moving bait rods, but that rod is very light, very sensitive, and an absolute joy to fish with. The standard 2018 Daiwa Tatula rods are an incredible value in their $150 retail price range and get the job done, even for bottom contact presentations.

As far as logical reasons, for me, I want the most sensitive, most comfortable rod I can get for any application - moving bait or otherwise. I know that I can feel more with the Steez AGS rod for example than I can with a less sensitive rod. In my hands, yes, I can feel and notice a difference between a quality high end rod regardless of the application, moving bait or otherwise.

High dollar doesn't always mean better. Seen plenty of rods that were expensive and felt like dogs.

Yes there is some validity to a sensitive rod on moving baits.

Examples:
    - Being able to feel your spinnerbait blades turning... when they stop there's a good chance a fish buzzed the lure
    - Being able to feel a crankbait tick the edge or top of a grass line. Helps you stay along the grass line or just on top of the grass without burying the bait
    - Dredging a crankbait (grinding it on the bottom) - you are essentially fishing it like a jig and feeling the bottom helps... especially if you are looking for a shell bed, rock, gravel, or a hard patch on a soft bottom

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Makes more sense to me now than it did before. I was only thinking mainly of the rod being lighter, not the advantages of a more sensitive rod for feeling grass or bottom with a crankbait or other moving bait.