Fish ID Symbols?

What would cause Fish ID symbols to show up on top of interference marks on the screen? I had the bow unit on the trolling motor xdcr and the console unit on the transom xdcr. When I turned the console unit off they both disappeared. Both the interference spikes and the Fish ID symbols.
    Attachment 383661

Air/gas bubbles

These are from aerated water coming off the hull bottom

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Not air bubbles. Those are interference spikes from the console unit interfering with the bow unit. When I turned the console unit off they disappeared along with the Fish symbols. They track the spikes perfectly.

I've seen those Fish symbols on the top of the screen before on my Helix unit. NEVER on my 998, 997 or Lowrance units.

4. Member
    I've seen interference, when bad enough, create strange situations with FishID symbols. They weren't exactly like yours as shown. I believe, although not certain, there may be FishID software glitches created from interference or processing problems. One glitch with FishID is when you get a FishID symbol on a side imaging view which I've seen on both the older 998/1198 models and Helix Gen1 models. I've also seen images on both TM and transom transducers similar to one posted by Wayne showing symbols near surface. I'm sure aerated water/bubbles may be one cause but it isn't a consistent problem on my boat or one that's occuring on a frequent basis. The attached image was on a Helix with TM mounted transducer but don't remember if I had console unit turned on at time of image.

Crosstalk2.PNG
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    I've seen interference, when bad enough, create strange situations with FishID symbols. They weren't exactly like yours as shown. I believe, although not certain, there may be FishID software glitches created from interference or processing problems. One glitch with FishID is when you get a FishID symbol on a side imaging view which I've seen on both the older 998/1198 models and Helix Gen1 models. I've also seen images on both TM and transom transducers similar to one posted by Wayne showing symbols near surface. I'm sure aerated water/bubbles may be one cause but it isn't a consistent problem on my boat or one that's occuring on a frequent basis. The attached image was on a Helix with TM mounted transducer but don't remember if I had console unit turned on at time of image.

Crosstalk2.PNG
    Seeing the FishID symbols on the older unit's SI view is due to the slow processor when changing views. Both Robert and I have posted examples. My 798ci SI Combo and 1198c SI Combo would do that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL