'96 Champ 202 tandem trailer rims

I currently have the 5 stock 15x8 rims & tires on my trailer. I'm thinking about purchasing 5 Rev Shooter rims (BassCat Rims). I noticed that my stock rims have a hole in the center that allows me to currently pack the bearings with grease & the Shooter Rims don't.

I probably put about 7k- 10k miles a year towing. Is this a big deal? How often do you guys pack your bearings?
    🎣1996 Champion 202/ Mtn Home🎣

stock rim on the tandem TI trailers of that year should be 14" by 4.5

3. Banned
    Rim's make no difference in packing the bearings. The rim's and hub has to come off to pack the bearings. Now to just add grease yes you need access to the grease zert.

If the seals are not leaking you shouldn't have to add grease more the once maybe twice a season depending on how far you drag it. I ran buddy bearings on mine that slide in as it uses grease so if you see the indicator you know it's time to add.

I always had a local shop put new bearings and pack them every couple of years. Overkill yes but it sucks smoking a bearing on the highway.
    Last edited by jarhead175; 11-19-2019 at 06:13 PM.

So on my current rims all I have to do is take the rubber cover off & squeeze grease into the seals. Are the seals different then the bearings?

Scotty,

we have never suggested our consumers pump grease in those bearings. The grease has no place to exit, thus your are conpressing the air, and grease, inside the hub when you pump them. Eventually the grease presses the rear seal out and blows the the DUAL LIP seal out the rear spindle, and then you have a replacement seal on your hands. We suggest you repack them every 3 to 7 years manually and reseal the system for the long haul.

This is a Bass Cat practice and you will find it held true on long term successes. The newer Vault systems are different, in 2020 Bass Cat ended Vault use and returned to standard greased bearings and the above suggested method. We do not like use of a bearing buddy.

If they aren’t hot, let them roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    If they aren’t hot, let them roll.
    Great advice! I always reach down and feel the hubs whenever I'm filling up with gas.

Thank you for your help. I found a warehouse that has the Rev 824 Shooter Rims, he's selling them to me for $575 for 5 rims & this includes shipping.