Ultrex randomly not spinning prop

Brand new 80lb ultrex, installed a few weeks ago. First trip out was flawless, but 2nd trip out, about 2 or 3 hours into the trip it started having issues. I could push the "go" button and nothing. Switching to constant on didn't help and hitting spot lock, the head would rotate and do it's thing but the motor would never kick on for the prop.

Tried raising and lowering the TM. Flipped the power switch, and flipped the main power on and off at the back of the boat. After several tries, it randomly started working again. 30 or so minutes later, it did it again. Did this 3 or 4 times before I decided to call it a day.

Once I got close to the ramp, I decided to try it again, and it worked fine for the next 2 or 3 hours before I went home.

Batteries had full charge and are relatively new.
    I live in the middle of no where so service center isn't exactly possible. If I have to pull this thing off, it's not going back on.

Any ideas on where to start looking or what to check?
    2014 Skeeter ZX200 - 200 SHO

2. Member
    Even I know it’s probably due to one (or more) dead spot on your armature, while I’m not a MK owner. This just happens so often!

MK, shame on your products!

3. Member
    To verify, when it won’t start, make sure power is off and then rotate the prop just a little bit, and then power on and see if it starts rotating.

4. Member
    Remove prop. Remove one of the two motor bolts. Check for water intrusion. Good luck.
    Wes

I would check the breakers first. If they are the auto reset type (small rectangular) replace with a 60 amp breaker with switching capability. Be sure only one breaker in the system, some have a breaker between each battery. If you pull a bolt for inspection, do it with the motor in the deployed position and pull the lower bolt, be sure to install a new o-ring and lube it to prevent damage when reinstalling. I would recommend Syl-Glide for a lube or dish washing soap. Grease or petroleum lubes may or may not be compatible!
    You don't want to create a leak as you may void your warranty. Check the breakers and connections first
    Thank You Leon Pugh