Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for sharing!
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

2. Member
    Hope this helps:

Heb 2:14
    "Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same nature, that through death he might destroy (defeat) him who has the power of death, that is, the devil." (my emphasis)

3. Member
    Hope this helps:

Col 2:13-15
    "And you were dead in trespasses...having cancelled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed (defeated) the principalities and powers and made a public example of them, triumphing (defeating) over them in him." (my emphasis)

4. Member
    Hope this helps:

Rev 12:11
    "And they have conquered (defeated) him (the accuser, devil) by the blood of the Lamb..." (my emphasis) Q. Where did the Lamb/Christ spill His blood? A. The cross.

5. Member
    yep, if he was destroyed per your view, why were the people in the NT still having to resist the devil ?

6. Member
    Heb 2:14 (stated previously, post #22) is clear. God said it and that's that.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    yep, if he was destroyed per your view, why were the people in the NT still having to resist the devil ?
    Hey msethsmile,
    Goddozer has a very valid question, since Paul himself in the Spirit said to put on the armour of Christ to resist the devil, who is the author of Hebrew 2:14 (NT)

8. Member
    1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a
    roaringlion
    , walketh about,
    seeking
    whom he may
    devour
    : Curb every passion, and be on the alert. Your great accuser, the Devil, is going about like a
    roaringlion
    to see whom he can
    devour
    . Be sober and self-controlled.

written around 60-65 AD.

Romans 16:20

“And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.”

written around 58AD

I would agree with this statement I found in one of my daily devotions today (emphasis mine)

By his suffering and death, He destroyed the power that sin, death, and the devil held over the whole human race. And by His resurrection He brought to us everlasting life, a free gift to everyone who trusts in Him, everyone who will take this gift from His hands.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

10. Member
    SD thank you for your comment. If I am understanding what your daily devotion says "He destroyed the power" of the devil at his ressurection…...…...………...

That again makes my point all the more relevant because some 30 - 35 years after the resurrection of Jesus his disciples were penning words in the NT that the devil wanted to devour people. Now that sounds like the devil still had power.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    I would agree with this statement I found in one of my daily devotions today (emphasis mine)

By his suffering and death, He destroyed the power that sin, death, and the devil held over the whole human race. And by His resurrection He brought to us everlasting life, a free gift to everyone who trusts in Him, everyone who will take this gift from His hands.
    What passage in the Scriptures did this individual wrote this devotional opinion from?
    I would love to hear what this individual's opinion would be on Ephesian 6:10-17, Romans 13:12-14, 2 Corinthians 6:7, which Paul wrote speaking in the Spirit, not by his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    What passage in the Scriptures did this individual wrote this devotional opinion from?
    I would love to hear what this individual's opinion would be on Ephesian 6:10-17, Romans 13:12-14, 2 Corinthians 6:7, which Paul wrote speaking in the Spirit, not by his opinion.
    Good question dig, the author did not cite scripture before or after the statement I quoted, but I trust it is rooted in scripture based on the source. Here is a link to the entire devotion if you want to read it, the reading that prefaces the devotion is from Isaiah.

I think this subject is better discussed over coffee or a beer instead of a internet thread , we are probably very close if not in agreement on the subject. Sometimes semantics become an obstacle when in fact people actually believe the same thing, at last that is MY opinion . I will try to explain myself and hopefully give you some scriptural basis along with it. First let me state I believe Satan/demons are still very much active and wield a lot of power in the world we live in, the scriptures you and dozer have cited clearly show that and I am sure there are many more that would do the same. I also believe that if I don't "11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. " that Satan/demons can be a part of a decision on my part to deny the Holy Spirit. BUT, I also believe that with God, Christ's blood, and the work of the Holy Spirit giving me the power to believe, that the devil can NEVER destroy me, thus his power over me has been destroyed. I am by no means a theologian, but one piece of scripture I would base that on would be Romans 8:31-39, which as you stated is Paul writing/speaking in the Spirit, that nothing can separate us from God's loves, not even demons.

Peace and love to you and all my brothers in Christ.
    Last edited by sdbrison; 11-26-2019 at 09:21 PM.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    Hope this helps:

Rev 12:11
    "And they have conquered (defeated) him (the accuser, devil) by the blood of the Lamb..." (my emphasis) Q. Where did the Lamb/Christ spill His blood? A. The cross.

Rev 12:12

Therefore rejoice, you heavens
    and you who dwell in them!
    But woe to the earth and the sea,
    because the devil has gone down to you!
    He is filled with fury,
    because he knows that his time is short.”

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    Good question dig, the author did not cite scripture before or after the statement I quoted, but I trust it is rooted in scripture based on the source. Here is a link to the entire devotion if you want to read it, the reading that prefaces the devotion is from Isaiah.

I think this subject is better discussed over coffee or a beer instead of a internet thread , we are probably very close if not in agreement on the subject. Sometimes semantics become an obstacle when in fact people actually believe the same thing, at last that is MY opinion . I will try to explain myself and hopefully give you some scriptural basis along with it. First let me state I believe Satan/demons are still very much active and wield a lot of power in the world we live in, the scriptures you and dozer have cited clearly show that and I am sure there are many more that would do the same. I also believe that if I don't "11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. " that Satan/demons can be a part of a decision on my part to deny the Holy Spirit. BUT, I also believe that with God, Christ's blood, and the work of the Holy Spirit giving me the power to believe, that the devil can NEVER destroy me, thus his power over me has been destroyed. I am by no means a theologian, but one piece of scripture I would base that on would be Romans 8:31-39, which as you stated is Paul writing/speaking in the Spirit, that nothing can separate us from God's loves, not even demons.

Peace and love to you and all my brothers in Christ.
    Brison,
    I agree with you that discussions over coffee is my way of sharing GOD's word; however, at this time I am a tad far from you, though, I do hope that with our Lord's grace, I will be joining you by K. lake, maybe even in TN in a couple of yrs, hence, I can bring couple of my tools at your range to send a few. As Christians, we are kept apart by semantics and interpretations, yet, I know that we are both washed in the blood of Christ, therefore, we will be sharing by the river of life once our chores on earth are done.
    Remember, that the legalists and theologians of the time when our Lord walked the earth with them, they were the ones that withstood Him and crucified Him, and in some cases, I do see the same being done by some in our times. I read but 1 book everyday,Holy Scriptures, and spend time in prayer seeking guidance and teaching by the Holy Spirit.
    I wrote this prayer few years back, and have shared it with a few brethren and friends bring much comfort and hope.

Lord Jesus, son of GOD, by your blood on the cross I am saved.
    Please Lord grant me patience, perseverance, and calmness of spirit,
    that I may not be troubled by the evil one, nor let him befall upon me
    with tribulations to lead me into temptations.

Oh my Lord, bless me my Lord;
    bless me with Grace, Mercy, and Peace.
    Amen, amen, amen.

May our Lord bless you and yours and all the brethren as we bring our thanks on to Him this Thanksgiving.

15. Member
    digthemup--some speculate Paul wrote Hebrews, others say no. Ultimately, it doesn't matter who scribed Hebrews, God wrote it. 2Tim 3:16,"All Scripture is God breathed..." 2 Pet 121 "..prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." We don't know who wrote all the Psalms either (David, Asaph, Sons of Korah, others), yet they all carry the same weight--God's word.

Evidently, Hebrews 2:14 (Post #22) is not clear. Is God's word 'valid'?
    Last edited by msethsmile; 11-27-2019 at 05:33 PM.

16. Member
    Dozer said, "Satan was dealt with at Christ's second appearing" (post #10). Hebrews 2:14 may have said something about that (somewhat important). I was simply responding to that quote.

That sin, death, devil and hell (all a plague to man) were defeated at the cross is just a restatement of the Gospel. Validated by Christ's resurrection. "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Rom 5:8B
    Last edited by msethsmile; 11-27-2019 at 05:38 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    Dozer said, "Satan was dealt with at Christ's second appearing" (post #10). Hebrews 2:14 may have said something about that (somewhat important). I was simply responding to that quote.

That sin, death, devil and hell (all a plague to man) were defeated at the cross is just a restatement of the Gospel. Validated by Christ's resurrection. "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Rom 5:8B
    I strongly believe that this matter has been addressed, but I suppose that we need to address it at nauseum.
    Here is how, in my opinion, I see these 3 matters addressed at the cross and by Christ's resurrection:

1- Sin- By 1 man, Adam, sin entered into the word, and by 1 man, Christ, God in human form, was fully paid at the cross.
    2- Death- By Christ's resurrection, we are no longer trapped in the grave to see corruption, and our spirit to linger like Abraham, Lazarus shown with the rich man awaiting the call of the trump and final judgement.
    3- Devil/hell- has no power over true believers, those that have heard the Word and DUE HIS WILL not as an outward appearance or to fleece the flock; for our Risen Saviour is our intercessor against the accuser of the saints, which is what Job wished he had.
    Clearly, Christ deals with the Evil One in His second coming at the chaining and casting into the abyss. (abusso). Even though He does that, human kind does not learn, and later he is released again for a season.

May y'all have a very blessed Thanksgiving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12