Thread: Thanks Guys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks Guys

It's been a real pleasure to be the moderator of this forum
    for over 15 years, been a real pleasure to help you all out with answers to your Questions..Been a tech for a long long time 40 plus years . But recent posts have doubted my skills and abilities. I think it is time for me to hang up the wrenches here and let some new blood to come in and take over. Best of luck.
    Last edited by ChampioNman; 11-19-2019 at 06:27 AM.

2. Member
    Let me know whenever you plan a trip to see Steve at Riverside in Old Hickory. Would like to meet you. Oh wait, this was sarcasm right? I owe you a steak anyway so come on up.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I know the way up there. I'll give you a hollar and drag bassmeister with me. He likes the Texas Roadhouse off veterans highway. Need to figure when the Rusty is home.

4. Member
    thanks for sharing all the knowledge and experiences with us all these years!!! no telling how many you have helped!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

before you go can you tell me how exactly to change my LU oil. Don't forget to explain in detail the "if this or that happens" bla bla bla.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    thanks for sharing all the knowledge and experiences with us all these years!!! no telling how many you have helped!!

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

Thanks so much, Fred. You are a great guy and looking forward to hanging out with you again. BBC Northern Rally with Meister??????

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    I'll give you a hollar and drag bassmeister with me. He likes the Texas Roadhouse off veterans highway. Need to figure when the Rusty is home.
    That’s a mile from my house, bring Rusty and dinners on me.

9. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    Thank you Fred for all of your guidance and expertise. You were very patient with this newby and I am very thankful.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

10. Member
    Fred you are the man and always will be. I appreciate all the help and guidance over the years. Us shade tree mechanics thank you for all of your wisdom and knowledge. I know you saved me thousands as well as hours of frustration. Thanks again !

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I only have one question for The Great Carnac before he departs...what is my model number ? ..if Fred charged shop rate for his online help he could have been a retired moderator a long time ago. Thanks for all you have done.

12. Member
    2 more weeks?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    It's been a real pleasure to be the moderator of this forum
    for over 15 years, been a real pleasure to help you all out with answers to your Questions..Been a tech for a long long time 40 plus years . But recent posts have doubted my skills and abilities. I think it is time for me to hang up the wrenches here and let some new blood to come in and take over. I'm going to recommend Jc2BG to take over my moderator position. He seems to know the answer for all the E/J answers so I'll defer to him, good luck John Clark! You sure deserve the title as mod for the E/J forum. Best of luck.
    I wonder what kind of education he retired from? We could sometimes use a little of that around here, but f**k, what if we have a motor problem?
    Last edited by 316jughead; 11-19-2019 at 05:38 AM.

14. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Not leaving the forums, just the time it takes to do the research on issues, post the info and then get doubted. Not worth the effort. Stuff gets old, from members that won't listen to members, that have been there/done that to people that shouldn't even be on the water. Maybe I just need a vacation.

15. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’m truly sorry, Fred, to bring about the loss of such a valuable resource to our community. I did not understand that providing additional info to a link you posted [not your own words] showed doubt of your abilities. That was not my intention. Sometimes we amateurs get a little over-excited when a question comes up that we happen to have recent and detailed experience with. With the approach of winter, and all the griping that usually entails, I have my hands more than full with another forum that I am barely qualified to moderate. I hope you’ll change your mind, or at least, forgive me for an insult I in no way intended. — JC
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

16. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    I know more than anyone the immense times you have helped me how much time and effort you put in to helping all of us with detailed answers and advice.

Truthfully one of the reasons I continue to own evinrude outboards is having you as source of info.

The words thank you will never express the gratitude I owe you for all the help you have given me over the years. Selfishly I hope you take a few weeks and come back. But I understand your frustration as I get as frustrated when I see people want to argue over this stuff.

17. Member
    As others have stated I appreciate you assisting everyone on this forum with your professionalism, expertise, knowledge, and guidance. You will be sorely missed and I also hope at some point you change your mind but very well understand if you don't. Thanks again and enjoy your extra time with friends and family immensely!

18. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Fred, sorry to hear this news you are the one constant that seems to be able to help this old dude out with his problems and put up with my not getting it always on the first try...lol Relax and enjoy yourself and maybe even have a little extra time now to do what you want to do. Again Thank You is not enough
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

I did not get the opportunity to know you personally but you have helped me many times with my engine problems and for that I thank you.
    Twin 200 2005 Mercury Optimax Engines
    1B191661
    1B160290

20. Member
    Thanks for the help - I'm sure I'm one of hundreds of guys who owes you a steak dinner as a paltry thanks for the huge help with a Johnson or Evinrude.

If you're coming to Nashville, let us know. You'll have to stay multiple days and may have to eat steak lunches too.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast