Thread: Thanks Guys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    knowledge he has rarely replaced

2. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Fred is one hell of a guy!!!!! When he speaks, I listen. I have been dabbling with old crossflows(and one 60 degree) for the past 20 years or so as a hobby and when I needed answers or info, only had to ask Fred. He has forgot more than most actually know about E/J.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

3. Member
    Fred -- I don't think you realize the value you are to us Evinrude/Johnson owners. I still think that BRP should put you on their payroll for the "goodwill" you provide. When you write about an Evinrude near my year model (E200STLESE) I print it off -- I have a 3" binder full of them -- I may sell it one day on e-bay -- Your wisdom is the reason my motor is still running -- thanks big time.

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Let's set up a vacay and I'll come help you get that center console going and we will go catch some reds and trout and we will Both be ready to tackle some chit again.....

Now you’re talkin, Sir.

6. Member
    Thanks for the help thru all the years...your advice was always timely, appreciated and right on the money...I also have several pages of saved information from your wisdom...thanks for sharing,

7. Banned
    Fred, there's no doubting your expertise, and I feel honored to call you a friend. I sincerely appreciate all the help that you provided me over the years free of charge, and I'm looking forward to swinging by your casa and enjoying a couple of cold ones on me. With the daughter and son-in-law in fort Walton Beach, it will be easier.

8. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Fred, there's no doubting your expertise, and I feel honored to call you a friend. I sincerely appreciate all the help that you provided me over the years free of charge, and I'm looking forward to swinging by your casa and enjoying a couple of cold ones on me. With the daughter and son-in-law in fort Walton Beach, it will be easier.
    You damn well better let me know when that happens bro !!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I have to re-calibrate my calendar?

Isn't April 1st some months away or am I mistaken?
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

10. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Thanks for everything Fred. Your assistance was always GREATLY appreciated! I don't know that any of us on here could ever possibly repay you for your time and effort.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

11. Member
    This is a joke, Right ? Ever since our first meeting in Anderson 20+ years ago, I've always noted a special bond of friendship very rare these days to find. I thank you for all the support and knowledge you have shared with so many of us over the years. I'm sure I speak for many when I say you've been a God send for those of us who love boating and tinkering. Please don't turn us loose just yet....Remember, I still have your phone number !! Thanks Partner...

Fred

Just wanted to Thank You for the little bit of help I asked for. You helped me muddle my way through the Ficht issues I have had to deal with on my father in-laws boat. Now I own it at 90 he told me to take it with me. Just what I needed another boat. I still don't care for them much. Hope you take sometime for yourself and reconsider.

Rick

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    As others have stated I appreciate you assisting everyone on this forum with your professionalism, expertise, knowledge, and guidance. You will be sorely missed and I also hope at some point you change your mind but very well understand if you don't. Thanks again and enjoy your extra time with friends and family immensely!
    ^ ^ ^ THIS ^ ^ ^ ... many, many thanks for your dedication!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Maybe I just need a vacation.
    Being a moderator can be a real pain in the backside. You give tons of great info, yet some aren't getting the responses that they want to I take it?

Fred your expertise will be missed.I have always enjoyed reading your responses to the thousands of threads on here over the years not to mention all the fun we use to have when John was in the mix along with Mike & others.Please rethink,don’t let the actions of a couple of people stop the good you do for the other 99.999%.

16. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by santee bass View Post
    Fred your expertise will be missed.I have always enjoyed reading your responses to the thousands of threads on here over the years not to mention all the fun we use to have when John was in the mix along with Mike & others.Please rethink,don’t let the actions of a couple of people stop the good you do for the other 99.999%.
    Well said Inky !

17. Member
    As said don't let a couple ruin it for the rest of us that appreciate your help. Hope you change your mind, I know everything gets old after awhile.

Fred I can't believe you are giving up such a high paying job and all that seniority. If it is true you are relinquishing your duties here you will be sorely missed. Stay in touch....til we meet again....G

19. Member
    Fred ! Thank you so much for all the help you have given me over the last 8 yrs ! you have been a wealth of knowledge, and nudging in the right direction, even when I did ? marks ! I have a 99 150 Ficht, and you have steered,and guyed me in the right direction, every time I have had an issue ! I may not have sounded like I was on board, but I was ! God bless you sir! I hope you will still, even though you have said you are done, give your imput ! Have a wonderful Christmas, and a Happy New Year !

20. Member
    Thank you Sir CampioNman. You helped me with my new 115ho on my Weld Craft 18 ft boat several times. You are a great guy & I appreciate all the help you gave me over the years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast