Thread: IT question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Followed and still does not show our router on the lists of networks
    If it's just your network showing up and you can see others, log into the wifi network and check if there are connectivity restrictions . IE max amount of devices allowed on the network or certain devices not allowed on it.

Also, reboot your router.

2. Banned
    Yes it showed it with cox at the previous address. I do not have a ethernet cable but I might buy one in the morning.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    If it's just your network showing up and you can see others, log into the wifi network and check if there are connectivity restrictions . IE max amount of devices allowed on the network or certain devices not allowed on it.

Also, reboot your router.
    I'm assuming this....my new router installed by the cox installation guy only things on it our two cell phones and a iPad. HP laptop won't see it for some reason. They gave us the password for the router so no one else should be on it.

4. Banned
    Restarting router

Side note found a ethernet cable the installer plugged into the T.V. going to plug it into laptop if router restart dosen't work.

5. Member
    I'm assuming this....my new router installed by the cox installation guy only things on it our two cell phones and a iPad. HP laptop won't see it for some reason. They gave us the password for the router so no one else should be on it.
    I'm guessing this has more to do /w the HP laptop that i referenced earlier. Auto updated itself. HP's are notorious for this issue. some times a router restart or uninstall will fix it. sometimes not. Here's a link you can look into . Might be easier for you to read than post back and forth on a forum.
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/product...ment/c04800801

6. Banned
    Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Rebooted the router and it showed up laptop is now connected!!!!!

Thank you guys for the help BBC is the best!

7. Member
    Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

8. Member
    Best fix for my computer problems....Unplug and re-plug everything first. Only then do I look further.

9. Member
    Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like maybe the 2.4GHz radio was off and only the 5GHz radio was on. Laptop wifi adapter may not get 5GHz.
    Tracker Panfish 16

10. Member
    My Lenovo laptop occasionally loses my wifi and needs the card reset, using the network troubleshooter.

11. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Best fix for my computer problems....Unplug and re-plug everything first. Only then do I look further.
    Three engineers are riding in a car.
    One is a mechanical engineer, one is an electrical engineer, and one is a computer engineer.

The car breaks down and coasts to the side of the road.

"Hang on," says the mechanical engineer. "The problem is probably the engine, let me have a look at it and I'll have us on the road again in no time."

"Wait," says the electrical engineer. "The way it just stopped like that, I think it's the electrical system. Let me have a look and I'll get us going again in a minute or two."

"Hold on," says the computer engineer. "Why don't we all just get out of the car and get in again, and then see if it starts?"

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    absolutely true. Thats why i cringe when people start giving suggestions that "normal" users should not even be attempting unless there are no other options.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12