Big green egg temp regulator?

Thinking about getting one for my dad for Christmas, he has a large big green egg. He's not doing competition cooks, just likes grilling and smoking at the house for friends and family. Which one do y'all recommend? Thanks!

2. Member
    https://pitmasteriq.com/

i have the 120 for my WSM and Kamado joe. It keeps temp solid for hours. Not the most bells and whistles but is trustworthy. Accessing and changing settings in menu, with the 120 at least, isn’t the most straight forward. Overall I’m happy with it.

I have a Kamado Joe and I use the Cyber Q. For this long smokes you can go anywhere and keep an eye on it. Can adjust temperature through the app.

CyberQ Cloud BBQ Temperature Controller with Universal Adaptor for Big Green Egg, Ceramic and Weber Smokey Mountain Cookers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J5Q3QDJ..._EwZ0DbEMP4XKF
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

4. Member
    CyberQ cloud is my choice. I’ve got one for my egg and one for my Hastybake. They are awesome.

Smobot. Regulates temperature using the top vent. You can adjust, or monitor temps over wi-fi. Bought one 3 weeks ago. I’ll never cook low and slow without one again. Finished a 15 hour cook on a brisket Sunday morning. Started at 8pm Saturday night. Pulled the brisket around 11am on Sunday. Set the temp at 225. The BGE varied +/- 5 degrees over the entire cook. Tried the forced air bottom style regulators like the Digi-Q. Much prefer the Smobot for low and slow.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Smobot. Regulates temperature using the top vent. You can adjust, or monitor temps over wi-fi. Bought one 3 weeks ago. I’ll never cook low and slow without one again. Finished a 15 hour cook on a brisket Sunday morning. Started at 8pm Saturday night. Pulled the brisket around 11am on Sunday. Set the temp at 225. The BGE varied +/- 5 degrees over the entire cook. Tried the forced air bottom style regulators like the Digi-Q. Much prefer the Smobot for low and slow.
    Not sure I understand this. I can cook at whatever temp I want, 225 or lower, for over 17 hours, with my CyberQ. Control at either end is all you need.

7. Member
    I bought the Egg Genius and couldn’t be happier! I even called technical support to have them walk me through it and I had a red blooded American answer the phone almost immediately. Customer service was fantastic. I just did my fourth pork shoulder and it turns out amazing. I have all the confidence to leave the house for several hours and not be worried. I highly recommend it. Let’s totally change the game with my Big Green Egg now I don’t want to cook on anything else. My Traeger is sitting in the back of the garage now.

8. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Flameboss is what most of my friends and I use.

Very happy with it.

9. Member
    The Egg Genius is made by Flame Boss. Great company.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    Not sure I understand this. I can cook at whatever temp I want, 225 or lower, for over 17 hours, with my CyberQ. Control at either end is all you need.
    Not knocking the Cyber-Q, or other forced air controllers. They’re a definite improvement vs. cooking on a BGE manually. Just like the Smobot.
    I just prefer the Smobot. For one thing, I run it off an Ankers 1000 battery pack instead having to plug it in. I can run it for 40+ hours on one charge. Very low energy consumption, and very, very little charcoal used on long cooks. I had some issues with ash being blow around with the Digi-Q, but otherwise it did well. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend either method depending on what a person is looking for. The ability to monitor and control a long cook remotely is a must in my book.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by joebw View Post
    Flameboss is what most of my friends and I use.

Very happy with it.
    Thats it, thats the list
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

12. Member
    I've got a flameboss. It's been good to me.

13. Member
    Flameboss. Had a few minor issues over the last several years and they have replied back on Sunday evenings with help Then had the replacement part in three days. Wouldn’t buy any other brand!