Updating with used electronics and TM

I just sold my rig that had XI5 with two HDS 7 gen 3 units and an additional HDS 9 Gen three on the console. They were networked together and had down and side imaging. I learned to really like the xi5 due primarily to anchor mode and heading lock.

I will be purchasing a new used boat that will need me to put electronics and Tm on it. It will be a Ranger 518 19' boat with 200 EFI. Here is my question. I would like to buy used equipment to save money and have a $3,000 budget for two Electronic units and TM. I absolutely want spot lock or anchor mode. Heading lock ability is nice too. I'm not strong with electronics so I want easy use, good gps and mapping, color, touch screen, and linked together. I don't really use the side scan or 3-d.
    What combinations would you recomend and how much does it run to have all of this put on the boat?

Ultrex with Humminbird?
    Xi5 with Lowrance?
    Other?

Please keep in mind $3000 budget

2. Member
    If you're going to have it all professionally installed, you're looking at $500 to $750 to install and link/network all together, making sure you have the correct wiring and connections in place to not have power problems. This has just cut the amount to spend on graphs and trolling motor down to apx $2300. Not sure you're going to stay on budget. We do have some pre owned graphs, but not a gps enabled trolling motor at this time.
    john
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]