Level Trolling Motor

I had several old TM mount holes fixed. I'm remounting my ultrex and using a MK removable bracket and I'd like to get my TM mounted as close to level as possible. It had a pretty big lean prior and I expect that to be a big reason for my DI image not to be as clear as it should. Using a level and with front deck even, I'd need to raise front of TM bracket 1 5/8" for my shaft to be level. That seems awful high. Has anybody altered their TM install with washers, etc to level their shaft? How much did it take? How did you do it?

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That seems to be an awful big difference in height between the front and rear of the tm bracket! How did you come up with that number?

I was going to say have a piece of Starboard sanded but 1 5/8ths is a lot.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    You're right. It is a lot. All I'm going off of right now is a 2' level. Leveled my deck and leveled gunwale, then used same level to see how far I needed to raise front of TM. I need to check level of everything while on the water.

I did find this product and a couple of Bullet owners recommended.

Amp level wedge. It has a 2" lift.

Did you level it in the water with you standing on the deck..?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    I can’t see mine when standing on the deck so I don’t care

i know without me on the deck it’s pretty dang close mines TN style
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Did you level it in the water with you standing on the deck..?
    That's next step. I just finished the install without any spacers. With the removeable bracket it is very easy to adjust. I will check my next trip fishing.

7. Member
    Use some type of rubber , harbor freight sells a compressor installation kit that has solid rubber blocks or any hvac supply will have thick rubber blocks that go under hvac units. I doubled up trolling motor mounting rubber tees on my last rig , rubber was kind of soft you had to tighten the screws a few times here and there. I would not use metal washers that good do damage ...
    Jmo
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO