Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Got a ticket for going 1 mile over the limit in Florida on Highway 301. It was a well known speed trap I can't even remember the name of the town. I was sure I was going 2 miles under the limit but no I was 1 mile over by his radar gun. Fine was 125.00 and I had to pay right then or he was going to tow my truck and boat. I had the cash on because I was going to a fish camp and that was the hotel rent money.

fastest was 98 in a 55. I got pulled over in Illinois while driving home on leave from the Navy. I gave him my license and military ID he was cool and let me off with a warning to slow it down to a reasonable speeding.
    Lawtey, Starke,or Waldo. They were awful. Lawtey still is. Rules different now. No fine from 1-5 over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I like some of these stories.....

Some are like.....I was going 183mph in a 72' Ford Pinto. The cop that stopped me asked if I knew I was going that fast so I said "hell yeah!...I know I'm speeding, I'm on my way to a hot date with Ms. NAPA Auto Parts of Iowa" . That put him on notice that I was in a damn hurry. I also had half a pound of weed in my lap and a case of rifles in the backseat...had 34 warrants for jaywalking but the cop that stopped me realized he played golf with my uncle's brother twice removed cousins that works at the Kwik E Mart so he sparked up a bowl with me, gave me $20 for the trouble of stopping me and I was on my way.
    BWAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Like I said in my post-- I lost my license 4 times before i was 17. In Iowa when i was a kid, any moving violation the 1st year, you lose your licenses for 30 days.

The good news is Since 1974 when i started driving trucks for a living, I only had one ticket I had to pay---57 in a 55--- yep, 2 over.

2005 after a very long recovery from having a shoulder rebuilt I was on my way to fish with a BBC member on Okoboji. There i was driving on the highway, just cruising around 65 mph without a care in the world. When i see the lights in my mirror.

Back in his car he tells me he clocked me at 65, going the other way, when he hit me with the rear gun i was up to 68. He said most people slow down not speed up.. I let him know I never saw him--- I was just happy to be in the car going fishing. He tells me he is going to drop the speed to 64 and save me some money. I told it didnt matter, this ticket was going to cost me $3000 in bonus money.CDL and your last ticket was 1977? Yep. He plays with the screen on his computer, hands me back all my paperwork and tells me to have a nice day. He tells me his computer is malfuctioning and he cant write me a ticket.. I thank him, still remember his badge number.

Last edited by fishinarc; 11-03-2022 at 04:28 AM.

Passing a school bus ..500.oo

Ahh, that's a lie.
    250.oo in a construction zone that had no body working in.
    DL expired I didn't know it. 150.oo

Cop was a azz ...
    Life is kinda hard but it's
    better than the other options .. er ..option !

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnet View Post
    Lawtey, Starke,or Waldo. They were awful. Lawtey still is. Rules different now. No fine from 1-5 over.
    It was Starke now that you named it.
    John the Garage Doorman

This is the short version. 15 miles, 7 minutes, 2 states, lots of popo from two states, fleeing and eluding, etc, etc. Two crashed police cars, damage to mine.

7. Member
    I get cold chills thinking about when I was much younger street racing. I don't remember the speed on the ticket, but it was only 1 of the 6 that night real dumb. Thank God I foung my way to oval track racing for the next 32 years.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

68 in a 35 leaving the bar one night, I decided it would be a good idea to run wide open down the highway through town. Got another one for 87 in a 55 and the HP was hiding on my dads land when he got me. Then on top of that a week after he turned the ticket in, he got arrested for selling drugs that he was confiscating on traffic stops and not turning in. Got the 68 pulled and went to driving school for the 87. I knew the judge and he told me if it would have been under 80 he would have thrown it out. These were back in my young and dumber days. I don’t have an excuse now haha.

I got one somewhere around 1970 for 90 mph on I-5 in Seattle. The WSP officer was in one of my classes at the UW. I don't remember what the speed limit was at that time. May have been 55, 60 or 70. Had to go to traffic court, pleaded guilty and paid the ticket.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    How 'bout my ONLY speeding ticket (or moving violation of any kind)...

1989; Nolan County, TX; south of Sweetwater on Highway 70.

Wrote me for 62 in a 55.

The fact that I was a broke-ass graduate student in an old POS C10 in which the speedometer didn't work (owned by the Texas Tech Range and Wildlife Department) had no bearing in his estimation... He was probably an Aggie.

And nope... I couldn't get TTU to pay the ticket, either (I tried).
    Been on that road a time or two, now it’s 75

11. Member
    Golden meadow La, 27 in a 25! He didn't even smile when I suggested he just set up a toll booth. I did catch a few red fish that day.

I forgot about this one last year...though it wasn't the "worst." Got pulled over in Richmond, VA on I95 for doing 70 in a 55. The speed had dropped about 2-3 miles back though I had missed the sign. Cop pulls up behind me (no lights) while I was driving (had the cruise control on)...changes lanes and pulls beside me on the left and looks at me...I nod. He changes lanes again and get on my right side...wife smiled at him. Pulls behind me and hits the lights. When he asks if I knew I was speeding I said, I had the cruise control set to 5 over. He reminded me the speed limit dropped and I was actually 15 over. I immediately apologized. He said he was laughing in his car because he had figured I was clueless. Wrote me a ticket for 63. Paid it online without hesitation. Figured I earned that one.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

13. Member
    32 in a 30 mph zone going down a hill riding the brakes. Little asswipe was a jerk and the 300 lb female DA was no better.
    92 492vs. 92 Suzuki 225 EFI

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456