Trailer Braking System Type: EOH versus Electric

I have a 2006 Ranger 519VX with tandem axle trailer. The brake actuator in the tongue was leaking, so I replaced it. I was going through my trucks ('18 RAM 2500) on board computer setting and went into the trailer brake setting functions. I found that I could name up to 4 trailers and what type of braking system each trailer has. I had several choices light/heavy electric or light/heavy EOH, which I have now googled and learned that it means Electric over Hydraulic. EOH sounds like the brake type on the Ranger, but wanted to make sure as I seem to get no braking from the trailer at all now as it is. I have new pads to install that I got recently from Ranger.

Thanks,
    Brian

I doubt that you have EOH braking on a Ranger Trail. As far as I know, all Ranger Trail trailers have only a Surge braking system. EOH would be used on other types of trailers that require an Electric connection to the trailer from a brake controller on the tow vehicle. Most boat trailers do not have electric brakes.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I doubt that you have EOH braking on a Ranger Trail. As far as I know, all Ranger Trail trailers have only a Surge braking system. EOH would be used on other types of trailers that require an Electric connection to the trailer from a brake controller on the tow vehicle. Most boat trailers do not have electric brakes.