Jerky on pellet grill

Anyone ever make deer jerky on their pellet grill? Looked at a couple places and it seems like you basically just set it on the lowest temp and let it go for 4-5 hours until dry. Anyone have any tips or other knowledge?

2. Member
    Done it a few times with my electric smoker. Key is to get it dry without being dry, if that makes sense. Very short time between good jerky and shoe leather/venison rocks. The way to tell it's done is that you can bend it but it will just start to show some cracks. I've done it with ground and with thin cut round steak (as thin as you can possibly cut it), ground typically takes longer than cuts in my experience. I let mine marinade for a minimum 24 hours if doing cuts, otherwise it seems like the seasonings don't hold real well.

We have done deer and Turkey jerky in the a pellet grill both ground meat kind. My friends wife found some metal racks at Walmart that you can get about 8 big strips of meat with a jerky shooter and it was some of the best I had even better than my dehydrator jerky.

I've done it in an oven before and it works ok. Thought I would try it on the pellet grill now that I have it. I've always used ground meat and shoot it. Guess we will try it Saturday and try it.

5. Member
    couple hours on the pellet grill set at smoke, then transfer to regular oven a the lowest setting. In the oven use a wooden spoon or similar to prop the door open to allow moisture to escape. Cook until your preferred dryness.

It ended up working pretty well. Turned out pretty good.

7. Member
    Goose jerky on the pellet grill is the bomb..........Its the only way that I have been able to make goose palletable!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I've done it in an oven before and it works ok. Thought I would try it on the pellet grill now that I have it. I've always used ground meat and shoot it. Guess we will try it Saturday and try it.
    I did a batch on the pellet smoker and another in the oven at the same time. No comparison! Pellet grill batch was much better.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

When you pull it off the smoker put it in a bowl with a damp towl over it , try not to let the towl touch the jerky. Let it kool for an hour with towl over it. It will help it from getting to dry. Works evertime for me.

10. Member
    I have done numerous batches on my pellet grill and it always comes out awesome. I soak my jerky in sauce fo r24 hours before I smoke it to keep it form getting dry.