Skeeter zx movint to 5 batteries experiences

Having power issue running my graphs. Thinking of adding another battery, or lithium’s. Trying to decide which route to go? Also, not sure lithium’s would solve problem either.
    2 5 port hubs not getting enough power

question is from those of you who switched, thoughts? Regrets?

also, is it possible to do in the new boats? Space?

2. Member
    Some people will say don't do it. I have 5 batteries in my boat. Never worry about having enough power.
    Wes

3. Member
    A group 31 AGM battery might solve your problems. There are some with good capacities.

4. Member
    I have a 31 right now. I'm trying to run 4 solix, and 2 ethernet hubs. I thought it might be a bad hub, but bought 2 new ones, same problem. Technical support has determined it's a power issue. Both ethernet switches will show up, but the IP address on 2 of the units keep going in and out. I've heard some wire 2 units/hubs to 1 batter, and 2 to the other.

5. Member
    I assume this is your cranking battery they are wired to? Do they draw so much power you can't crank the motor?

Are you running stock wires or a dedicated wiring system? DWS makes a HUGE difference. I saw a stock Ranger only getting 10.8V at the bow due to the factory wiring. A lot of times dealers have no clue how to correctly wire and a lot of the factory wiring isn't up to par either.

Trent over at SonarPros (in Atlanta) has a set up that works awesome. Walters, Cook, and few other elites are taking their boats to him now to get them wired up. May be worth talking to him. He has some great vids on stories on IG about what he is running into.

I would lean on the wiring not being up to par if you have a quality 31 agm, there are a few that are not quality
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    Just like already said. Run dedicated power. 10 gauge wire battery (31 series battery) to fuse block (Blue seas) under dash then 12 gauge wire from fuse box to graphs. Easy to do, not to much $ and problem solved. Also when not in use, like graphs at dash when at the bow fishing turn units on standby mode or what ever Hummingbird uses to conserve power.