Ranger 364V Repowering with a 150 G1 Etec getting closer....

Getting close to a repower with a 150 G1 Etec on my Ranger 364. My old set up was a 1996 Johnson Faststrike and I was turning a 13 1/2 x 23P Renegade Bass. Running 60 GPS.

With the new G1, the Renegade is not available with a TBX hub setup, so I am looking at the 14 X 23P Cyclone or the 15 x 22P RX4 (I feel the 15X24P will be too much) prop. Does any one have any experience with these?

Want to try to find a nice one on Ebay instead of paying retail at a dealer.

Thanks!

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Maybe a Raker 2 at 22P.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I second the suggestion of the Raker II, although with the smaller, lighter boat than Ranger’s current 150-h.p. models, you might be able to get away with a 24 pitch Raker II. A 23 Tempest is also a strong candidate. It would take a Flo-Torq hub, but those are readily available and reasonably inexpensive.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Going from a carb to a DFI engine will surprise you what prop you can turn.....I went from a 95 225carb engine turning a 24 Raker to a 03 225 DFI that needed a 26 Raker...Try what ya got first.....then make adjustments.... That said...I have gone to the Bravo props for better holeshot and good bow lift.....

5. Member
    Thanks for the input guys.

I really want to stay with a 4 blade. The hole shot and handling is just better to me. I ran the old raker on my FastStrike before I went to the Renegade.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    In a 4-blade, the most popular bass boats props these days seem to be the Bravo XS and the relatively new Fury 4. Both use Mercury Flo-Torq hubs. The Rx4 is an excellent prop, as well.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Member
    Thanks jc2bg. Man they think a lot of those too! Probably will lean toward the RX4, just seems like the 15x24 would be a pretty big wheel to turn for a 150, so I'll probably look for the 22P first.

8. Member
    I have a different animal than what you are upgrading to but I put a 150HO G2 on my Stratos last year I am turning a Fury 4 24P and also Tempest +25 for my fall/winter prop. The thing is a beast.

9. Member
    Buccaneer,

Man I'd love to upgrade to a G2, but its another $2500-3000 dollars. Just can't justify doing that, no more than I fish. Everything I have read says the G2s are incredible.

Thanks!

10. Member
    Fury 4 24P or a Razor 4 24P....call Mark Croxton, he'll get you set up straight away.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

In my experience I've found the Merc props to be much better than the old OMC props like the Renegade Bass. I like the Trophy for my set up. If you do choose a non Evinrude prop I highly recommend the Michigan Wheel Hub Kit and for the G1 you need the #200. I've used the Merc hub and the MW, and it's MW all the way for me.
    I'd love to be able to chime in on what prop your rig may like but I don't have experience with a boat like yours. What I will say is, I'll never trust a prop I buy that isn't new when your trying to figure out whats best for your rig with a new motor. You really should get a new prop to start with and some of the guys on this forum that have experience with a like rig can help get you started. Good luck and you will wonder why you waited so long to get the Etec.
    Note: I used run a 23 Renegade on my boat when I had the 200 Ficht. Then put a JP on it and had the prop worked to a 24P. When I put the 200HO Etec on it I found I can spin a 26 Trophy all day long and all season long with no issues at all. The LU help but these Etecs are strong!!!
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

12. Member
    https://www.evinrude.com/en-US/promo...les-event.html

Evinrude website now shows a boat show season sales event. Has 7 years of coverage and a 2K rebate on certain models. Any one here have any access to what those models might be?

Jason