Any lawn and garden equipment forums out there?

I've got an older Cub Cadet GT3100 garden tractor that I'd like to sell.
    It's a shaft drive model with power steering and hydraulic deck lift.

None of the local-ish equipment dealers that take trades will buy it off my hands. They don't buy used equipment to sell...only take trades if somebody is buying a piece of equipment from them.

I'm hoping somebody knows of any active lawn forums that might help me move this thing.

I've got that garden tractor and a commercial ZTR (with a 48" deck, only 40-odd hours) that are needing a home. We're moving to a neighborhood with small lots that I can easily tackle with a self-propelled mower

THANKS in advance!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

2. Member
    I've had luck with this site: https://www.mytractorforum.com/
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

Lawnsite

4. Member
    If you do facebook I would try Marketplace.

Lawnsite is a really good forum for landscapers.

But, I have found it is best to sell stuff like that in the Spring - if that is a possibility.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntertn View Post
    If you do facebook I would try Marketplace.

Lawnsite is a really good forum for landscapers.

But, I have found it is best to sell stuff like that in the Spring - if that is a possibility.
    I'm afraid to try Marketplace...seems like the shady version of Craigslist with the kind of crap sold locally.

I'll scoot on over to lawnsite and mytractorforum this evening and see if I can find anything out about how to value the equipment that I've got.

Would love to sell in the spring, but will be moved from TN to FL by then, and don't really want to pay a few hundred in storage just to get the few hundred back in better prices. Might wind up needing to go this route if they don't get any interest. I'm sort of hopeful somebody will see the garden tractor as a nice Christmas present to themselves, lol
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    I'm afraid to try Marketplace...seems like the shady version of Craigslist with the kind of crap sold locally.

I'll scoot on over to lawnsite and mytractorforum this evening and see if I can find anything out about how to value the equipment that I've got.

Would love to sell in the spring, but will be moved from TN to FL by then, and don't really want to pay a few hundred in storage just to get the few hundred back in better prices. Might wind up needing to go this route if they don't get any interest. I'm sort of hopeful somebody will see the garden tractor as a nice Christmas present to themselves, lol
    Facebook marketplace has actually worked pretty good for me. Haven’t had any bad dealings yet other than people just being stupid by wanting me to deliver, owner finance and stuff like that. If you put it on there and price it right someone will buy it. I always meet at a public place and do the exchange there.

7. Member
    This is how I do it too. I meet them at the local police station and buy or sell whatever it is. Always worked out fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Facebook marketplace has actually worked pretty good for me. Haven’t had any bad dealings yet other than people just being stupid by wanting me to deliver, owner finance and stuff like that. If you put it on there and price it right someone will buy it. I always meet at a public place and do the exchange there.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    My experience is 100% opposite. Craigslist is the shady one now.

Quote Originally Posted by ericm View Post
    Great site.

10. Member
    They use them in tractor pulls up north. They overhaul the engines an put hp to pull sleds at
    County Fairs. That's another option for you

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    This is how I do it too. I meet them at the local police station and buy or sell whatever it is. Always worked out fine.
    Same here, local police station has a meeting spot

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericm View Post
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^ good site with some good people there.