Clever Idea! It Got my attention....

I never liked the way trolling motors hang off the side of the boat. It's just something I thought I'd have to deal with because there's no way to easily move it or slide it over. I was in Florida this weekend (sadly, no fishing....there for family reasons) and I was listening to the Fishing Florida Radio show and I heard about ShuttleSlide. I never knew something like that existed! It slides the trolling motor inside your boat and automatically retracts if you bump the dock. I did a search on BBC and saw that one user commented on it about a year ago. I think it's a clever idea. Does anyone have one? Does it work as well as the videos on the website? www.shuttleslide.com You guys are my fishing experts, I need to know

2. Member
    A lot of extra weight up front just to slide them over my rods and reels, with the potential to do lots of damage to them. Looks OK for a striper or flats boat, but not a bass boat.

3. Member
    Been thinking of getting an Ulterra for my boat but have been wary of the issues of it sticking out the front of the boat. This would solve the issue and doesn't look any heavier than some of the detachable/sliding mounts available. One issue I would see is if you're using one of those bounce busters, it would take some adjustments also.

I called the company yesterday because I was curious on how it moves and stops. It has hard stops on both sides so it won't fall off the boat. It only moves when you want it to move. My issue is the bow rollers and the trolling motor. It just sticks out and I don't like it. My Terrova has a 72" shaft so they recommend the 7 HD series. They told me it's 13" x 3.5", not bulky or heavy. Do our trolling motor sponsors sell this?

5. Member
    You might check out the Liftsaver mount. I have my Ulterra mounted on a homemade version of this scisssors lift and it works well. Moves my Ulterra about 8-9" back in the retracted position.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

Thanks for the info, I just looked at the lifesaver, but I didn't like the scissor action, more moveable parts to break, more expensive and only a 1 year warranty. ShuttleSlide has a lifetime. I wanted something simple too.

I wanted to give you guys an update on my purchase because I had a few PMs about it. Bought the ShuttleSlide and had it installed just after Thanksgiving. It's not heavy, actually, a bit lighter than my old Terrova mount. I got the HD series (more heavy duty and made very well). It's a great sliding mount. The mount brings my trolling motor in past the rub rail and now I don't have to worry about the bow rollers anymore. I wasn't sure if it would move around on the trailer, while I was driving down the road or move around when I hit a big wave, but it's sturdy and does not move unless I push it back (or forward). It's definitely not going to fall off the boat because there are travel stops on both ends. I also bought an adapter plate for my Terrova TM because I didn't want to drill any additional holes in the boat. Works perfect. And it has a quick release too, so my checklist is done! Everyone always shares so much useful information on this forum and I know a few of you were wondering how it turned out, so I wanted to let you know that I think it's a great product. Personally, I think it would work on any boat. It's my early Christmas gift to myself

8. Banned
    cant weigh that much and if ya look at the install pics, its on 2 or 3 bass boats. clean install looks like to me also.

Looks like a nice mount. Thanks for posting.
    How about a review after you have used it a few times.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

10. Member
    Going to have to give this some serious thought as my trolling motor hangs out on 2 sides in order to not bang into the trailer when retrieving and launching. This would let me mount it at a better angle closer to the centerline. Thanks OP for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Looks like a nice mount. Thanks for posting.
    How about a review after you have used it a few times.
    I'm wanting to take the boat out once or twice this month and hopefully the weather will be good in January so I'll do an update sometime next month.

It's been a busy new year for me. I've been missing all the good posts on BBC too! Was planning on taking the boat out a bunch of times since December, but either the weather was bad or I got too busy with other things. I did manage to get out there 4 times in the last 3 months. I was asked for an update on the slide mount after I've used it a few times. So far, so good. Still works fine. I hit some good waves once (bounced me around a bit) and was happy that mount/trolling motor didn't move. It's solid. Not sure what else I can say about it. That's the update.

13. Member
    R&R design out of Terrell Tx has one as well. I have used it on all my terrovas over the years.

14. Member
    I have a R&R design and really like it

15. Member
    I had an R&R for my Ulterra and it works as advertised, but I didn't like the metal on metal noise I was getting when running over any kind of choppy water. ShuttleSlide solves that problem because of it's design...no metal on metal design. I've used it now for 4 months and it works perfectly.
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

16. Member
    the cheap minnkota mount slides back for launching. had it for 6 years
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

Will this mount hold if you back you boat with the trolling motor? It looks like it would slide back until the shaft hits the boat?

When its pushed back in my boat, away from the edge, my trolling motor doesn't move around unless I actually push it. The shaft doesn't hit the boat when it deployed in the water and I'm using it. There are 4 small screws that I had to adjust to give me the slide resistance/tension I wanted.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JosieRay View Post
    When its pushed back in my boat, away from the edge, my trolling motor doesn't move around unless I actually push it. The shaft doesn't hit the boat when it deployed in the water and I'm using it. There are 4 small screws that I had to adjust to give me the slide resistance/tension I wanted.
    Can you provide a photo of the screw locations?

20. BBC SPONSOR ShuttleSlide Mounts's Avatar
    Hi Dale Hollow Nut!

Here is the specifications page that shows the mounting position and bolt hole patterns: https://www.shuttleslide.com/specifications/ The illustration is for a SS-9-HD mount. The 7HD would be just 2 inches shorter on the inboard side. We also make custom lengths, up to 20" of retraction.

JosieRay and RichW - thank you for your support and purchase!
    ~Sandy
    ShuttleSlide - Retractable Trolling Motor Mounts with quick release
    www.shuttleslide.com / 321-345-3315
    www.facebook.com/shuttleslide
    We solve annoying overhang issues - "Helping boaters protect their trolling motors"