Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You can drain that fuel from the carbs- but honestly you are probably better off simply going completely through them, and then performing a Complete Sync-n-Link.

CAUTION: Jet locations and sizes are CRITICAL on these. Do not intermix parts, all must be in their appropriate location.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    My xr6 was doing same thing, my ignition switch was bad, put in new one, fired right up. I had been having trouble getting mine started. Finally the key wouldn't hardly turn over. New switch, starts right up. Just some info that might help. Mine is 2005.
    Dave

3. Member
    Update, Airport Marine called, fuel line from water separator to the motor had collapsed on the inside. How many times has Don said check that first. Ouch, $240 lesson learned. But in my defense, I did get fuel when I primed it at the house. I learned something I hope I am passing along to others on this site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12