Garmin 93 Us G3 mapping in canada

Im located in canada in an area that most lakes arent mapped so having bluecharts is basically pointless for me. My question is if im in canada and i buy a 93sv will the basemap of lakes outside of the US show up (even if its a crude map). I plan to quickdraw most of the areas. The reason im asking is I always find good deals on the 93 and other units with us mapping but the canadian versions (95) are hard to find. Im basically just looking for basic background maps. thanks!

I don't have access to an echomap 93 to look. But you can email Cartography directly and ask about the potential differences of lake outlines (basemapping) relative to the 92 (worldwide basemap) and 93 (US LakeVu). Have you looked at the Lake Search link below regarding your Canadian lakes of interest to make sure it isn't in your best interest to get a 95?

cartography@garmin.com

https://lakes.garmin.com/
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    I work for the MNR or DNR as its called in the states. I know the charts in my area I wouldnt ever trust. Ive seen a lake first hand thats known for shoals not have one marked on it lol. I just want the lake outlines.