Thread: Zolo trickster?

Zolo trickster?

Anybody own this rod? Which baits do you use it for?

Looking for a spinning rod to handle light to medium finesse duty in the 1/8-1/4oz range.... darter heads, light shaky heads, Ned rigs, drop shot, maybe some 1/4 oz blade baits when it gets cold.

I own a bunch of them

Definitely our most popular and best rod for NED Rigs. I think most of our Trickster sales are now going to "NED riggers". (Is that a term?)

Before NED rigging took off, it was our most popular rod for guys wanting a rod to switch off between drop shotting and light shakeys. Sounds like it's exactly what you are looking for.

I also see it used by a lot of guys who are throwing #5 and #7 shad raps in the winter.

3. Member
    Alex, how does the trickster compare to the maestro? The trickster sounds like the rod for me, but the maestro also intrigued me.

I own 1 and I use it for about everything. Ned, shakey head, drop shotting,

Quote Originally Posted by 5 by 3 View Post
    Alex, how does the trickster compare to the maestro? The trickster sounds like the rod for me, but the maestro also intrigued me.
    Same type of action... almost identical but more power. It's one heck of an all around spinning rod.

6. Member
    How does the maestro compare in power against the IKOS soul 7? Sorry for all the questions - just can’t hold any of these rods in person before purchasing!

Quote Originally Posted by 5 by 3 View Post
    How does the maestro compare in power against the IKOS soul 7? Sorry for all the questions - just can’t hold any of these rods in person before purchasing!
    Dont forget we do free returns when ordered direct, so maybe that helps the fear a little!

Pretty solid difference between them. The Maestro has a lighter tip, is a slight more balanced, and a little more responsive and sensitive IMO.

The Soul 7 is a basically a medium powered baitcasting rod built as a spinning rod. Great general purpose spinning rod. Good feel, but I do believe the Maestro excels in this case.