Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Add me to the Kenda failure crowd.

I guess it was a matter of time...not sure if I cut it or it just failed...but I was changing a tire at 5:00am this morning.

633A7523-424E-46C7-B960-095D65B14DCC by dean c, on Flickr

FF106CAD-336C-490E-B1C1-5B51521BA508 by dean c, on Flickr

2. Member
    That looks bad. Glad you and your rig are all right.

Quote Originally Posted by like2fish2 View Post
    That looks bad. Glad you and your rig are all right.
    Thanks...got a little spider cracking in the fender from it. I felt it go at 70...4 or 5 little bumps and sparks in the right s8de mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    Associated with a lack of tread on one half, you might consider investigating a potential alignment issue.
    Dude...there was plenty of tread..it came off. Separated...gone...you really think I’d run a tire that looked like that...UFB

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    Associated with a lack of tread on one half, you might consider investigating a potential alignment issue.
    yes i see unusual wear on the left side. this may happen again with the new tire. check all of your other tires now and see if they look like this especially the tire on the same side that ur flat occured on. let us know.

6. Member
    glad ur ok buddy and no one got hurt. sorry u had a bumer start to ur day. did u go fishing and catch any afterwards bc sometimes ad start means a good day on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger521znem View Post
    glad ur ok buddy and no one got hurt. sorry u had a bumer start to ur day. did u go fishing and catch any afterwards bc sometimes ad start means a good day on the water.
    It was changed in about 20 minutes..then after about a 3 hour fog delay...we caught a baby limit of 10lbs.

8. Member
    I also have a 2016 Z521c and I replaced my tires in the spring after having some vibration issues, after replacing I realized that out the 4 I replaced two had broken belts. the tread looked great.
    also Ranger uses beads to balance the tires at the factory. I called and they told me to use 3 ounces in each tire. this is what I purchased from amazon and have had no issues since.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    If you'll notice the Factory valve caps have a red insert on them. this indicates that the tires have been bead balanced.
    Last edited by Half Baked; 11-17-2019 at 11:20 PM.

9. Member
    Those Kenda's are garbage! I'm running the General Tires RT43 Altimax on the same rig without an issue, wearing very well, and the ride is very smooth.

WELCOME TO LIVING IN THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS.

We moved here after 49 years of driving in Chattanooga with ONE flat tire. After a year here we have had THREE.

11. Member
    Bummer Dean! Glad you guys are ok and the trailer fender is in one piece. Consider replacing with Goodyear Endurance tires. I know a lot of guys are running them including me. I’m on my second set on a single axle 519 with no issues. And if they hold up on this setup you know there good. You guys have hot road conditions down there and that’s tough on trailer tires. Also I only keep them three seasons, I put a lot of annual miles on my rig. Good luck going forward.
    Wayne

New set of Michelin’s being delivered tomm. Goodyear endurance doesn’t come in a 17 inch tire. My fender did suffer a small chip and some spider cracking from the belt slapping against it. Not bad enough to replace. A little more “character” for my rig.

13. Member
    Hate that for you Dean, I’m probably riding on bombs now have over 40k on my 16 Kendas going to replace them soon. Which Michelin’s did you go with? Haven’t looked yet but I knew the 17s would present a problem replacing...

14. Member
    Are you saying the tread delaminated?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rod View Post
    Are you saying the tread delaminated?
    Thats what it looks like...the left side of that tire looked exactly like the right side on departure that morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky 520c View Post
    Hate that for you Dean, I’m probably riding on bombs now have over 40k on my 16 Kendas going to replace them soon. Which Michelin’s did you go with? Haven’t looked yet but I knew the 17s would present a problem replacing...
    Thank you...I went with Michelin’s on a referral from Mike on here (blkfalc4) from the tire rack...they came early just now and having them mounted this afternoon. Took about 30 hours for delivery! One of their warehouses is in Shreveport not too far from here.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Thank you...I went with Michelin’s on a referral from Mike on here (blkfalc4) from the tire rack...they came early just now and having them mounted this afternoon. Took about 30 hours for delivery! One of their warehouses is in Shreveport not too far from here.

Dean,
    keep us informed on how you like the Michelin’s. At max 44 psi they do not meet the minimum load rate pressure of 50 psi but close. My search found only one 17” passenger tire that had a 50 psi spec. A Uniroyal tire (owned by Michelin I believe). Many of us wan to dump the Kendas but options are few. Thanks and good luck.

18. Member
    My RangerTrail calls for 44PSI, the Michelins actually carry a higher load, speed and temperature rating than the Kendas that came on it from Ranger.
    Last edited by blkfalc4; 11-22-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

19. Member
    My 520C says 50 psi....at least the sticker on the jack does. I have the Challenger wheels and Kenda's
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

20. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’m guessing you have the newer ST-rated tire now, Bob. It is recommended for 50 psi, and the non-ST [older] Kenda is/was 44 psi.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast